Storm Clouds Crawling With Bacteria

The storm clouds in Earth's atmosphere are filled with microbial life, according to a new study.

The research, published today (Jan. 23) in the journal PLoS One, revealed that hailstones drawn from storm clouds harbor several species of bacteria that tend to reside on plants, as well as thousands of organic compounds normally found in soil. Some of the bacterial species can seed the tiny ice crystals that lead to rain, suggesting they play a role in causing rain.

"Those storm clouds are quite violent phenomena," said study co-author Tina Santl Temkiv, an environmental chemist at Aarhus University in Denmark. "They are sucking huge amounts of air from under the clouds, and that's how the bacteria probably got into the cloud."

http://news.yahoo.com/storm-clouds-crawling-bacteria-221441662.html

And these people get paid to make obvious observations?

I want my grant for proposing that dust from one area can move through the atmosphere into another area via 'normal', natural means.

And I need money to research farts in the produce section at the grocery store can be detected in canned goods and dairy.

And these people get paid to make obvious observations?

I want my grant for proposing that dust from one area can move through the atmosphere into another area via 'normal', natural means.

And I need money to research farts in the produce section at the grocery store can be detected in canned goods and dairy.

... research suggests that bacteria may form the necessary nuclei that facilitates cloud droplet formation (replacing the previous theory that inorganic particulates were the only nuclei), which would otherwise have a harder time to form in their absence ... yeah, that's an obvious observation ...

This is the same process by which silver iodide is used to induce rain through cloud seeding. But natural, and caused by bacteria.

bacterias are good for planet earth. for human. not so much. which is why it is good for the eco system.

Bacteria are good for people too... not all bacteria is bad...