nasa sun

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Jason S.

Jason S.

Neowinian Senior

• 12,059 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 14:01

and how would they know how hot the core of the sun is? This makes no sense. Unless they physcially measured the temprature inside the sun then I call this bs.Its like me looking at a lightbulb I cant reach and saying the surface is hotter than the core becuase I took very high resolution images.

Physics, Doppler Effect, mathematics. read up on it sometime. it's fascinating!

#17 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

• 13,925 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 14:02

so you believe everything they say? They could be chatting rubbish but no one can prove it so everyone believes it.

Do the math and science, you can prove it yourself. Unless you don't believe in math and science of course.

#18 Jason S.

Jason S.

Neowinian Senior

• 12,059 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 14:02

so you believe everything they say? They could be chatting rubbish but no one can prove it so everyone believes it.

but anyone can easily prove it using the facts i posted above.

#19 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,476 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 24 January 2013 - 14:07

Obviously all scientists and astro physicists are working together in a massive conspiracy to make us believe they know the temperature of the sun. Because... That would make so much sense.

Wy would they fake this info and why would they have a global conspiracy to hide it, and why would thousands of scientists be in on it. Way do they do to the ones who refuse....

#20 linsook

linsook

Neowinian Senior

• 3,637 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 14:28

Soldiers33 is just trolling. Nobody can be that daft.

#21 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 17,548 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 15:00

Yes they can when it comes to nuclear energy and physics.

We also know because the sun is a giant thermonuclear reactor, and we have caused thermonuclear reactions on Earth (thermonuclear explosions, inertially confined fusion etc.) and measured the thermal output per cubic volume. Apply math.

#22 Soldiers33

Soldiers33

Neowinian Senior

• 2,445 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 15:38

Obviously all scientists and astro physicists are working together in a massive conspiracy to make us believe they know the temperature of the sun. Because... That would make so much sense.

Wy would they fake this info and why would they have a global conspiracy to hide it, and why would thousands of scientists be in on it. Way do they do to the ones who refuse....

No im not trolling im being serious and also what good would it do to know how hot it is and why its so hot? I see no reason for spending so much time and money just to find useless information.

#23 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,476 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 24 January 2013 - 15:42

How exactly do you expect us to achieve fusion reactors if we don't understand how fusion works.

#24 HSoft

HSoft

Neowinian Senior

• 3,929 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 15:48

5 million for that?

Yeah, that's extremely cheap isn't it, compared to other methods.