People Hate Windows 8 So Much They

Your an idiot then, sorry but its true.

I have "an idiot". I didn't know that, thank you for telling me. If you meant "You're an idiot", then that would be a complete false acusation. See, because I don't like windows 8, and would prefer to not deal with it, that doesn't make me an idiot. Thanks for your input though.

I am a computer tech and have installed win 8 on all my families computers now (girlfriend, her kids, my lad, my mum and dad and some friends), all I made sure of was that I gave them 10 minutes of my time just to keep reminding them of the corners - and that was it. They all love windows 8 now, especially being able to install any app they want from the store with no fear of it causing problems, it makes things very simple for them.

I guess the people I help are smart enough to download programs from websites and get exactly what they want without problem. No need to use some special store. Maybe you should teach them how to do that Mr. Computer Tech.

I bet you were the type of person who changed peoples windows xp start menu back to classic 'because of all the problems the new start menu created' hey? How many times have you setup a facebook page related to 'omg they changed it, we need 100,000 people for them to change it back'? Go on I bet you have ;)

1. I never did that, XP had a fine start menu, as did Vista/7. The start menu has evolved very nicely over time. That said, the start menu has evolved as a menu. The start screen is not a start menu, so it cannot be compared.

2. I don't use facebook, I couldn't tell you what it looks like right now, I couldn't tell you the changes that have happened.

Thank you for this enlighting discussion, in which you try to tell me who I am (or what I have?), but knowing absolutely nothign about me, you made no correct assumptions.

I don't know if it's a ripoff, is this including a Windows 7 license? properly installing Windows/drivers and updates/etc

Does take a fair amount of time, sure a lot of it is hurry up and wait, the price tag is probably in line with them doing an

upgrade from Windows 7 to 8.

So if this includes the license, it's a super deal.

downgrading to windows 7 is free from an OEM computer with Windows 8. OEM computers have had downgrade rights since Vista

Sorry, but the price is totally nuts.

Glassed Silver:mac

$125 = ?79.16

Windows 7 Home Premium is ?69.99 so that leaves ?10 for the time it takes install windows, drivers and any software + updates.

Not really a lot of profit in there to be honest...

Many here miss the point: the fact that such service even exists clearly proves Windows 8 is not loved as much as it should.

It can be proof of that, or it can be proof of other things, like people with 1st world problems are multiplying...

I'm guessing the price includes an OEM version of Win7 which would make the price pretty reasonable

nope, as I've already said to 2 other posts in this thread, OEM computers with Windows 8 on them have free downgrade rights

I have "an idiot". I didn't know that, thank you for telling me. If you meant "You're an idiot", then that would be a complete false acusation. See, because I don't like windows 8, and would prefer to not deal with it, that doesn't make me an idiot. Thanks for your input though.

I guess the people I help are smart enough to download programs from websites and get exactly what they want without problem. No need to use some special store. Maybe you should teach them how to do that Mr. Computer Tech.

1. I never did that, XP had a fine start menu, as did Vista/7. The start menu has evolved very nicely over time. That said, the start menu has evolved as a menu. The start screen is not a start menu, so it cannot be compared.

2. I don't use facebook, I couldn't tell you what it looks like right now, I couldn't tell you the changes that have happened.

Thank you for this enlighting discussion, in which you try to tell me who I am (or what I have?), but knowing absolutely nothign about me, you made no correct assumptions.

I agree. I hate the attitude of the Windows 8 fanatics. Some say we do not know how to use computers. Some say we need to learn how to use the mouse because there is NO POSSIBLE way you should EVER activate the hot corners by accident. And some say we MUST have done the same thing on XP.

Windows 95 -> Windows 98 -> Windows 2000 -> Windows XP -> Windows Vista -> Windows 7 have all been GREAT upgrade and I welcomed ALL of the changes. Windows 7 -> Windows 8 is the only upgrade that irritates me.

• Like 3

downgrading to windows 7 is free from an OEM computer with Windows 8. OEM computers have had downgrade rights since Vista

I honestly haven't looked into that, so I'm not sure, but I was under the impression that this didn't apply to everyone, everywhere

There were conditions. I guess I'm interested now and I'll look it up.

nope, as I've already said to 2 other posts in this thread, OEM computers with Windows 8 on them have free downgrade rights

Does that count after purchase? Maybe people got Windows 8, tried it for a month and still want Windows 7. Can they still get the free downgrade? What about if they did get the free downgrade, is somebody supposed to install it, update it, and install all their programs for free?

I can't much blame them.

Yeah but you still choose to use XP, so that pretty much renders your opinion on other OS's irrelevant by default.

If people want to waste that much money to downgrade to Windows 7 (which is still a great OS, don't get me wrong) because they're too impatient (or stupid) to learn a few simple tricks to use Windows 8, then so be it. It makes me laugh when people want to use OS X or Linux because they want to try something different, then when they try Windows 8, they complain about it because it's different.

Yeah but you still choose to use XP, so that pretty much renders your opinion on other OS's irrelevant by default.

If people want to waste that much money to downgrade to Windows 7 (which is still a great OS, don't get me wrong) because they're too impatient (or stupid) to learn a few simple tricks to use Windows 8, then so be it. It makes me laugh when people want to use OS X or Linux because they want to try something different, then when they try Windows 8, they complain about it because it's different.

You are forgetting something though. Most people work, and some of those probably have Windows XP/Vista/7 installed on their computer. It is not just a simple fact of learning a new OS paradigm. It is the fact that you must now remember two different paradigms. Windows XP/Vista/7 at work, and Windows 8 at home.

This is exactly why I keep getting calls about where the shut down option is in Windows 8. They get to work and use the Start Menu (which they have used for years), and they forget where it is in Windows 8.

Many here miss the point: the fact that such service even exists clearly proves Windows 8 is not loved as much as it should.

Huh? Microsoft has ALWAYS had downgrade rights. This is nothing new, and doesn't prove a thing.

I doubt most people (non-techies) would even notice if you upgraded them from 7 to 8, as long as you made sure to install Start8 and to disable the hot corners.

They would know as soon as it booted if they had Win 7 before.

Does that count after purchase? Maybe people got Windows 8, tried it for a month and still want Windows 7. Can they still get the free downgrade? What about if they did get the free downgrade, is somebody supposed to install it, update it, and install all their programs for free?

I've had a lady come to me in that situation, she was all excited about Windows 8 and wanted it, and she bought it and installed it herself, but after some false information from other -techs- about software compatability/etc

She wanted to uninstall Windows 8 and go back to Windows 7, I checked out her system out, everything seemed fine so I questioned her some more, she had no problems with Windows 8 and loved it other than the false

information she was given, I dislike Windows 8 like any other good hearted human being, but I'm not about to force that view on someone, people can make up their own minds, so I gave her the correct information

installed her programs, etc, and sent her on her merry way, happy as can be.

Really no different than other versions. We had the same plan for Windows ME, Windows 2000 at Best Buy and I remember that service being offered after I left for downgrading from XP when it came out.

Windows 8 can be daunting (for about 15 minutes) if you're not familiar with it...however you've got to be a complete imbecile to prefer to pay $125 instead of just installing something like Start8.

• Like 2

$125 is cheap

How many of you have downgraded a OEM Windows 8 computer to Windows 7?

The majority of drivers don't go BACKWARDS and when you have nutcase scenarios like the HP's latest residential laptop where they specifically come out and say "we have no intentions of releasing Windows 7 drivers" then you're faced with hunting them down.

Now let's get that one device or two that is very hard pressed to find a driver, maybe you've had to modify an INF file to get it to work? The install alone with all the updates (which should be done) can take 30 minutes, then you've got to find and fix every broken device driver and then TEST to make sure everything works...2-3 hours isn't far fetched at all, and unless you're into losing money at your business (i.e. overhead) you're not going to charge $20 for that service.

The Windows License should be always for the OEM system and the previous one too.

No wonder there is piracy, MS doesnt understand its target, its kind of stupid repeating the same old problems on Microsoft.

in Sweden reported the trade that it had sold more tablets than Lapptop 2012

and the person who represented the electronics trade said

it should be portable, easy. touch and wireless

is windows 8 easy answer you no

on a computer, I had to read the manual in order to turn it off. There is no need to if you buy a tablet with android or ios (apple)

it means people want it to be simpler not more complicated

I am very sorry for my rant like post, and insulting people online because of an opinion different to mine is out of order - I apologise profusely.

The wording on the post I replied to sounded like it was an automatic action to offer windows 7 as soon as he sees someone looking at windows 8, simply because he doresnt like the OS - thereby spreading his opinion onto others without letting them even see if they like it. I find this quite absurd but that's just me.

The people I have installed windows 8 for all asked for it and all like it, if when they asked me to install it I came over all negative and said I hated it and I wont touch it then I'm sure they would have been happy to stick with windows 7, some may have even have taken on my opinion as their own as they see me as knowledgeable in this area.

Oh and touch? on the your / you're correction, well played ;)

It's their computer and they can do what they want with it, including paying someone to install another OS.

Yeah, I agree.