People Hate Windows 8 So Much They

How is this any proof people hate Windows 8? There is not one word in there saying anything of the sort.

It's implied hatred buy downgrading to win7 from 8

IMO that'd be "Upgrade" to Windows 7, not downgrade.

Well said.I can't see myself moving even from Ubuntu 12.10 x64 to windows8

If people I know want to use Windows 8, rather than advising them to do an expensive downgrade I just advise them to use start is back (along with the theme from the RP if they dislike the default theme).

When did hate get to be so trendy?

When improved-old got to be trendy.

That is, in reality, what a LOT of tech wants -- not new, but improved-old. Look at the rage over any change in anything - not just Windows; even Ubuntu didn't come off unscathed (Unity or even KDE 4 in the Kubuntu spin anyone?).

When improved-old got to be trendy.

That is, in reality, what a LOT of tech wants -- not new, but improved-old. Look at the rage over any change in anything - not just Windows; even Ubuntu didn't come off unscathed (Unity or even KDE 4 in the Kubuntu spin anyone?).

Yes, but the new win8 UI is so much more hated than Unity or KDE4. Moreover, you can switch to another desktop enviroment in Linux very easily and freely, Not just stuck with this UI and try your luck with 3rd party apps.

Frankly, I think the Windows 8 hate is pretty foolish. I've been using it since launch, and it's basically Windows 7 with a couple of things moved around and a more powerful Start menu. Sure, there's the ModernUI fluff too, but you don't have to use it at all. ^_^

Another I hate Windows 8 thread and then people complain about the so called Windows 8 fanatics!

When will people realize that the Start Screen is the Start Menu and operates in the same manner? Oh and if you have to come on here and argue it isn't then perhaps you all need to think about a little bit more.

Extremists on both sides are being ridiculous. Anyone downgrading to Windows 7 should just download Start8 or similar for less than $5 and remain in the Desktop environment.

This man/woman has a brilliant business idea. Can't complain about that.

That's assuming that people are willing to pay for that and that it doesn't put off other customers. Just because it's advertised in the window doesn't mean anyone will actually take advantage of it.

is always funny to see this hate to windows 8 when if you dont like Start Screen simply use Start8 or Classic Shell or better yet StartisBack for better strait to desktop

install one of them and windows 8 becomes a faster windows 7 and requires less memory

but no, people see the hate in the net and go join it instead of seeing or ADAPT for themselves, sadly is the way the world is going, people following the masses instead of thinking themselves

So they will pay that amount of money to downgrade when they could just completely ignore the Modern UI apps and use what they've always used. It just seems so pointless spending money on a downgrade and then having even less features than before. This is a cool hybrid OS which offers the best of both worlds IMO, you get the Desktop Apps which have always been available and then ModernUI apps which run on tablets but also PCs because they are available on both form factors which is excellent.

Well thats a pretty good deal. if that's the cost of the license and labor. For example the amount of time it takes to reinstall vista with sp2 slipstreamed and all the updates is like 3 hours. Not counting other software installs.

For a complete reinstall of an OS plus data backup I charge $88.28 (This includes 7% sales tax)

Well thats a pretty good deal. if that's the cost of the license and labor. For example the amount of time it takes to reinstall vista with sp2 slipstreamed and all the updates is like 3 hours. Not counting other software installs.

For a complete reinstall of an OS plus data backup I charge $88.28 (This includes 7% sales tax)

the license would be free as per downgrade rights

No, People willing to spend that kind of money to downgrade = Windows 8 hate. Personally, whenever I see someone using 8 or considering a new purchase of one, I offer to put 7 on it for free. I'm not a computer tech as a job, but the last thing I want to deal with when it comes to friends and family is the problems 8 creates.

And what problems does 8 create? My mom who can barely use a computer picked it right up after flying from the other side of the world to see me and my new baby. It took us all but 5 minutes to get the just of it and has asked me only a couple of times how to switch users. People who are willing to pay that much money to downgrade are simply idiots. Why buy a Windows 8 computer in the first place? There's plenty of Windows 7 PC's on store shelves still. It's like buying a 2012 Mercedes and then paying extra money to turn it into a 2002 one. Only an idiot would do such a thing...

And what problems does 8 create? My mom who can barely use a computer picked it right up after flying from the other side of the world to see me and my new baby. It took us all but 5 minutes to get the just of it and has asked me only a couple of times how to switch users. People who are willing to pay that much money to downgrade are simply idiots. Why buy a Windows 8 computer in the first place? There's plenty of Windows 7 PC's on store shelves still. It's like buying a 2012 Mercedes and then paying extra money to turn it into a 2002 one. Only an idiot would do such a thing...

Your mom is not everybody's mom. Not everybody can adjust to Windows 8. Not everybody that works can learn to use both XP/Vista/7 AND 8 at the same time without being really confused. I know this, I have had to deal with people with this. They always seem to forget where the Shut Down is because at work they just go to Start - Shut Down.

It is not just "Take 5 minutes and be done with it". Most people work and some of those might have computers at their job. So it really is a pain for some people to not only learn and "adapt" to Windows 8, but also remember Windows XP/Vista/7.

Look, most people do not have the time to sit down and learn something different than what they have known since Windows 95. They will simply request Windows 7 or something else instead of taking the time to learn.

Why buy a Windows 8 computer in the first place?

Um you do know that some, if not most, computers now come with Windows 8? People do not take the time to carefully configure their systems like we do. They go to Office Depot (or some other store) and pick one out. If they do order if online, some people do not know what Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista... is. They just see Windows and hit Order. I hear so many people call Windows 7 Windows 2010 still.

Dell Desktops - Windows 8 count is 33, Windows 7 count is 13

Dell Laptops - Windows 7 is 13, Windows 8 is 62

Yes, SOME Windows 7 computers exist, but you pretty much have to speicify it when you are searching since all Windows 8 is on the front pages.

Your mom is not everybody's mom. Not everybody can adjust to Windows 8. Not everybody that works can learn to use both XP/Vista/7 AND 8 at the same time without being really confused. I know this, I have had to deal with people with this. They always seem to forget where the Shut Down is because at work they just go to Start - Shut Down.

It is not just "Take 5 minutes and be done with it". Most people work and some of those might have computers at their job. So it really is a pain for some people to not only learn and "adapt" to Windows 8, but also remember Windows XP/Vista/7

And there are people who successfully use Windows 7 in one environment and Windows 8 in another, me included, I use a Windows XP And Windows 7 PCs at work and Window 8 at home and I have no issues whatsoever. And I know several others who are not IT literate as myself who also do the same.

There's plenty of Windows 7 PC's on store shelves still. It's like buying a 2012 Mercedes and then paying extra money to turn it into a 2002 one. Only an idiot would do such a thing...

Not true. We got my mother a laptop for Christmas. The only 7 pc they had left was an open-box top of the line one about 300$ over what we wanted to pay. The problems it causes are plenty, it's an entirely new way of operating and doing things. You are flung around and often end up doing things you really didn't want to do.

Not true. We got my mother a laptop for Christmas. The only 7 pc they had left was an open-box top of the line one about 300$ over what we wanted to pay. The problems it causes are plenty, it's an entirely new way of operating and doing things. You are flung around and often end up doing things you really didn't want to do.

How is that a problem? It never stopped people from using other non-Microsoft products before. iOS, Android, etc are all "new ways" too. There's no start menu in either of those systems, and both feature touch and swipe motions.

And there are people who successfully use Windows 7 in one environment and Windows 8 in another, me included, I use a Windows XP And Windows 7 PCs at work and Window 8 at home and I have no issues whatsoever. And I know several others who are not IT literate as myself who also do the same.

Of course there is. But again, you and the people you know are not everybody.

So simply saying "people who pay somebody for their service to perform a downgrade is idiotic" is not taking that into account that SOME PEOPLE cannot handle the change or deal with Windows XP/Vista/7 at work and 8 at home.