xbox music wp8 windows phone 8

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 OP BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 07 March 2013 - 16:37

I don't mind, it works. If the Xbox Music App needed to do that I would be more than happy, I just want it to work.

**** it doesn't. :/ My wife bought a 920 (mine is in the mail :) ) and WMP sync is horrible. It is converting all m4a rips to wma even when I turned off the audio conversion and then it strips out all tags. So my only real option is the primitive Windows Phone desktop sync app. :(

#17 Gaffney

Gaffney

I have no title

Posted 20 March 2013 - 15:11

There are 23 songs I can't sync from my PC, I tried using the WMP sync, the WP3 sync through the libraries and then through the iTunes setting. Every time I get the code 80004005

#18 briangw

briangw

The best damn band in the land!!!

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 26 March 2013 - 20:51

Is there a support site to find out when an album is going to be added to XBox Music? I was looking for the Stereophonics' newest album, Graffiti on the Train, and it hasn't shown up yet, yet their other albums are on there. And I thought it may take time for it to appear but Black Rebel Motorcycle Club's newest album came out a week after and it is on XBox Music. I understand that this is probably a rights issue, but given their other albums are on there and I didn't think they signed with another record label, you'd think it would be on there? But I could be wrong.

#19 greenwizard88

greenwizard88

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:10

I gave my WP8 to my sister who just broke her GS2, and went back to my WP7 launch device. I find a Samsung Focus from 2011 is a better phone than the new Nokia's, for one very specific reason - it plays my music.

#20 articuno1au

articuno1au

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:23

Really :o

I'm loving my Lumia, came from a Trophy 7 >.<

I'm not a huge music person, but it's all working nicely for me :)

#21 korupt_one

korupt_one

****ing Guru

Posted 13 April 2013 - 22:24

The biggest, and what makes this worthless IMO, synced playlists between Desktop and Surface RT, will not find all of the local files on the non-playlist originating device. This is with mirrored music libraries. This is critical with the absence of a Zune or iTunes like syncing piece of middleware combined with the abhorrent Modern UI for the music app and Modern UI system search which together make searching for music and creating playlists on Windows 8 and endeavor not worth the effort and frustration.

Don't make excuses for MS. And don't settle for less. It's abysmal that we have to go back to classic WMP Classic to sync and Windows Phone 8 on Windows 8. WMP Classic isn't even available on Windows RT.

This situation is simply and epic fail and Microsoft needs to address it. Hoping everyone subscribes to Xbox Music and rebuilds new music collections is ridiculous, selfish, greedy, and unacceptable.

I have a Lumia 920, a pc with win8 pro, a Samsung ativ smart pc pro, and an older laptop with win 8 pro and all devices sync perfectly fine with my xbox music sub and local files on all 4 devices. It really makes me wonder that people that write about xbox music having problems if they are really using the system.

#22 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 13 April 2013 - 23:52

I have a Lumia 920, a pc with win8 pro, a Samsung ativ smart pc pro, and an older laptop with win 8 pro and all devices sync perfectly fine with my xbox music sub and local files on all 4 devices. It really makes me wonder that people that write about xbox music having problems if they are really using the system.

I have no sub, and want no sub. And will not subscribe to see if that makes all local files work. I'm not sure why you would wonder if people are really using the system because they have problems you do not. Is this the first you've every experience this phenomena? Issues don't exist if korupt_one doesn't experience them? Are you serious? There are threads here and across the Internet with varying levels of non-function, I'm sure they'are all not really using the system and just making stuff up.

#23 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:17

I have a sub to xbox music,and the only real annoying problem im having is if I download songs from an album,i can delete them no problem,but the songs and album still show up in my list of songs and albums. I can then click the album or song and choose to redownload it,but I want to completely remove it so it doesn't show up.impossible.

my playlists from xbox music on surface synced fine to my wp8 devices,i had no problems there.

one last annoyance, sometimes if I use my sub on my surface or PC,and close the xbox music app,it wont let me use it on my wp8 device because "its in use on another device". takes 5 minutes sometimes before im able to use it.

#24 bguy_1986

bguy_1986

Neowinian

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:49

I get sooooooooooo frustrated with this app it's not even funny. Not even freaking usable!!! Just opened up an album I bought 3 tracks from... The WHOLE album has been downloaded twice, and I can only play the songs I purchased!

#25 bguy_1986

bguy_1986

Neowinian

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:57

Surprised more news/blogs haven't really got on Microsoft about this...

#26 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:07

Surprised more news/blogs haven't really got on Microsoft about this...

I think people have accepted that Modern UI apps aren't going to get better, any time soon, and have moved on.

#27 bguy_1986

bguy_1986

Neowinian

Posted 02 May 2013 - 13:02

I think people have accepted that Modern UI apps aren't going to get better, any time soon, and have moved on.

I doubt that... Modern UI isn't that different than any other UI for apps when you get down to it. Besides, I don't have a problem with the app layout itself, just the say it actually works (or doesn't work). Duplicate music should not happen.

#28 Tigurinn

Tigurinn

Neowinian

Posted 02 May 2013 - 13:57

Xbox music app .....

Posted Image

#29 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

Posted 02 May 2013 - 14:19

I doubt that... Modern UI isn't that different than any other UI for apps when you get down to it. Besides, I don't have a problem with the app layout itself, just the say it actually works (or doesn't work). Duplicate music should not happen.

The UI is very much different. It's not going to be easy duplicating the functionality or efficiency of just having a righ-click in-place context menu. I can't speak to how different the WinRT API is to Win32. And keep in mind full-screen is a must with no interaction with the Desktop Environment. Making a fully functional desktop app with a UI for tablets/touch isn't going to be the easiest thing in the world. It may get easier with each iteration of Windows 8. I didn't say never, just no time soon.

#30 bguy_1986

bguy_1986

Neowinian

Posted 06 May 2013 - 15:26

http://mobilitydiges...sic-under-fire/
Somebody finally did an article on Xbox music. Hopefully more, (hint neowin) will get on Microsoft's case about this app.

I'd like to hear that they are fixing this and when it's going to be fix, something along the lines of Apples response when their map service came out. More details than just "we're working on fixing this".