Master List Of Issues With Xbox Music On WP8

Surprised more news/blogs haven't really got on Microsoft about this...

I think people have accepted that Modern UI apps aren't going to get better, any time soon, and have moved on.

I think people have accepted that Modern UI apps aren't going to get better, any time soon, and have moved on.

I doubt that... Modern UI isn't that different than any other UI for apps when you get down to it. Besides, I don't have a problem with the app layout itself, just the say it actually works (or doesn't work). Duplicate music should not happen.

I doubt that... Modern UI isn't that different than any other UI for apps when you get down to it. Besides, I don't have a problem with the app layout itself, just the say it actually works (or doesn't work). Duplicate music should not happen.

The UI is very much different. It's not going to be easy duplicating the functionality or efficiency of just having a righ-click in-place context menu. I can't speak to how different the WinRT API is to Win32. And keep in mind full-screen is a must with no interaction with the Desktop Environment. Making a fully functional desktop app with a UI for tablets/touch isn't going to be the easiest thing in the world. It may get easier with each iteration of Windows 8. I didn't say never, just no time soon.

http://mobilitydigest.com/xbox-music-under-fire/

Somebody finally did an article on Xbox music. Hopefully more, (hint neowin) will get on Microsoft's case about this app.

I'd like to hear that they are fixing this and when it's going to be fix, something along the lines of Apples response when their map service came out. More details than just "we're working on fixing this".

I can't say I am surprised Neowin hasn't covered this yet. The FPN is mostly down to re-gurgling what other sites post. This subject is a perfect material for an Editorial but apparently most of the staff either don't care or are not a WP8/W8 users to know about the problem.