Review of DDownloads (Ninite Alternative)

I've came three weeks ago on ghacks& neowin across this little nifty Utility called DDownloads (Direct Downloads). Since then I use it very often so I thought it would be time for my first review :D

If you are familar with Ninite then maybe you can guess what it is doing.

As Ninite it allows you to Download Windows Applications. Since the latest version it has a also a function to perform unattended Installations, not as comfortable as in Ninite, but still very enjoyable.

Features of DDownloads (Source @TheWindowsClub)

• It's FREE
  • Provides safe and malware free download links
  • It is a freeware and is completely portable
  • Direct download links from official and reliable source
  • Latest and updated version of apps available for download
  • Downloads available in all variants
  • Offers Service Packs and Codecs links along with apps
  • Downloads and installs the app without any third-party application installation
  • Regularly updated with new and updated version of apps

The Main screen

9fv43p.jpg

It supports also other Themes. The UI is very reminiscent of Windows 8.

What is worth mentioning, however is the huge Number of Apps it supports. Actually there about 700-800 Apps supported, divided into an Apps/Setup section, Portable & Slim Section. You can also Boomark your favorites Apps and set them on Queue List.

Screen in Action

281hbew.jpg

Installation

It is completely Portable and supports both Windows 32-bit & 64-bit Versions

Ease of Use

As you see in Screens above, you just need to select a Category and an App. Use the Right-Click menu to show more Infos about the App, for example Screens, Alternate Download Links or Social share Links etc. It is really user-friendly, even my dad comes along with it :) DDownloads is exactly that App that you can also recommend your parents or your girlfriend :p

The Good

It gives you Direct Download Links for the most popular Windows Apps so one need not to spend hours and hours on web to find it. It also protects your computer against malware, because it refers you only to the Developer pages of an App or other Safe Download portal and not Download Sites like CNET.

The Bad

it does not install the Apps automatically as Ninite but maybe it is also better if you want to have the control and to know where something is installed.

You can Download it here: http://www.morethanacleaner.de/download/viewdownload/30-ddownloads/124-ddownloads

I hope you find my contribution useful :)