Apple no longer biggest company

Exxon overtakes Apple in market value again

NEW YORK ? Exxon Mobil briefly overtook Apple as the largest U.S. publicly traded company by market value on Friday as shares of the technology giant continued to fall.

Apple shares traded down 2 percent on the day at $441.31, down from a high above $700 set in September, for a market value of roughly $416 billion. Exxon shares, flat on the day at $91.33, added to a market value of about $416.5 billion.

Apple has closed the day as the largest company by market capitalization since late January last year, when it passed Exxon.

(Reporting by Rodrigo Campos; Editing by James Dalgleish)

Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/news/2013/01/25/exxon-overtakes-apple-in-market-value-again/#ixzz2J1g82SbV

When you have 1 guy coming up with all the great ideas and when that one man goes 6 feet under, you are sort of in trouble.

Plus for a company that relies on 2 products to bring in most of the money, their stock was way way over-hyped and overpriced.

Around the $300 range is a little more realistic for them.

knew it was coming. apple lovers said it was heading to $1100. Now down to $439,and still falling in after hours trading.

Theres also news that Apple is reducing Ipad LCD panel orders by %40,because the mini is eating their sales. The mini gives them smaller margins,and apple is stuck playing the low cost tablet game.

They are basically being forced out of the tablet market,and into the glorified media player market. I don't consider 7" a real tablet. I thought tablets were supposed to take over PCs? Looks like they are going to be competing with phablets and large screen phones instead.

Microsoft was smart with Windows 8 as it is designed for real tablets and tablet use,not some low cost small screen device. Apple has a history of being so goddamn stupid business wise. That's why they couldn't crack the PC market. They have great ideas sometimes, but companies like Microsoft always outsmart them and take over. Samsung did the exact same thing to them recently.

Apple is seriously going down the ******. Iphone 5 sales are weak. They're selling a lot of phones,but only their older model phones that are either cheap or free. This will only last so long. Their bigger Ipad with high margins is being taken over by smaller ipad with low margins. Mac sales have dropped %20. Growth in the company has stopped. Stock is bombing hard.

I don't think this is down to Apple being less creative, they have spent many years redesigning existing products, releasing them frequently but with rivals offering equally attractive products, people are bound to jump ship. Some will go back, some won't. Who knows what the future holds. Apple may grow, they may not. This is not a place for fanboyism.

Oh yeah.. and remember when I was saying this last year and saying that Apple is a bubble and people called me crazy. People are dumping their stock faster than you can say crapple.

Expect it to fall to 400 or less in the next few days.

Their realistic value at the moment is between $300-$350 and that's only if they continue making profits and holding onto that cash.. the moment iPhone and iPad sales start eroding they are in big trouble if they don't have another hit like iPhone on their hands (which they are most likely not able to make anymore since Jobs is gone). They've been riding the Jobs train since he died and it's running out of steam.

maybe jobs didnt want a smaller tablet cus he saw that it would eat away at the normal ipad market giving them less profit and left that market for android to saturate, if he did looks like he was right.

That's not surprising at all. It'll be interesting to see what Apple comes up with next. They changed the smartphone game with the release of the original iPhone. That prompted other smartphone manufacturers to create better devices. And it also influenced companies like Google, Microsoft, and Nokia in a positive way. Without the iPhone, I wonder what we'd have now in place of Android, WP7/8, MeeGo/Symbian/Belle, and even BB10.

That's not surprising at all. It'll be interesting to see what Apple comes up with next. They changed the smartphone game with the release of the original iPhone. That prompted other smartphone manufacturers to create better devices. And it also influenced companies like Google, Microsoft, and Nokia in a positive way. Without the iPhone, I wonder what we'd have now in place of Android, WP7/8, MeeGo/Symbian/Belle, and even BB10.

You are spot on. More competition is good for consumers. I hope Apple continues to come out with innovative products, because it forces the others to do likewise, which is a win-win for all of us, no matter what our preferred brand.

It's downhill from now onwards for them. Tim Cook is not Steve Jobs. Current generation products are missing Steve's touch (just look at the current iPod Nano and new iMacs - their designs just don't have the polish they use to).

I have a feeling soon it's going to be a "Sculley, Spindler, Amelio era" all over again. Unless Cook steps down.

But what extra category of product (apart from TV) is there to add to the market? I think Apple may have run out of ideas. Simple as that. (What do you do when a phone has a Retina display, and a quad core processor? Double it's screen resolution again, and put an eight core in there instead? No.)

I agree that Apple pushed innovation, and that the iPhone was a major influence for other companies. However, other companies have since then caught up and come out with better, more "open" products. Open always wins in the end.

But what extra category of product (apart from TV) is there to add to the market? I think Apple may have run out of ideas. Simple as that. (What do you do when a phone has a Retina display, and a quad core processor? Double it's screen resolution again, and put an eight core in there instead? No.)

I agree that Apple pushed innovation, and that the iPhone was a major influence for other companies. However, other companies have since then caught up and come out with better, more "open" products. Open always wins in the end.

Well thats the thing isn't it? The blew the portable music player market out of the water, same with digital music, and then mobile phone, THEN with tablets. Who knew we would all love tablets? But they are selling millions and millions, and not just Apple. Everyone is making mobile stuff. Samsung had 62% of their quarterly profits come from mobile.

I'm not saying they can bring out something amazing again, but every product they have come out with since the iPod and changed the world.

As for the stock price, did anyone really thing $700 was legit?

While I don't own any iDevices, the amount of profit they get from them is ridiculous, I think the stock is undervalued.

And yet the market is saying that you're wrong and overvalued, maybe because people are realizing that their prices are out of touch with reality

It has nothing to do with Steve Jobs passing. People are finally waking up and are seeing Apple as they really are. A maker of overhyped and over priced products.