Outlook.com security certificate warning

I tried to access Outlook.com about ten minutes ago to check my email and Chrome displayed this error about the security certificate:

s3zXBd0.jpg

According to the error the server identified itself as airbnb.com, which appears to be a completely unrelated website. I'm running Windows 8 with Windows Defender and there were no security warnings; I also checked my Hosts file?in case malware was trying to redirect me to another website?but it was clear. I'm in the process of running a full scan but it's all clean so far. When I tried to load the page a few minutes later it seemed to hang and when I tried it a few minutes ago it worked normally; now it's gone back to giving the error. I remember I had a similar thing happen several months ago as well.

Is this a server issue or maybe malware? Has anybody else had similar issues?

what does a dns lookup on your system produce for dub002.mail.live.com ?

I'm not familiar with DNS lookups but I used Google and the first result gave me this:

n1foeWC.jpg

However, Outlook is working again so that probably looks normal.

I got the same for hotmail.com earlier

Tried again later and it was fine

Ah, so it looks like it's not just me. Which ISP are you with? I'm with Sky.

I couldn't get into Outlook.com earlier because of a security certificate, but also like Detection it was fine when I tried again a little latter. I'm with www.smallworldcable.com, not Sky.

It sounds like it's a general server issue then, rather than an ISP level issue.

It seems to be coming and going, because I'm getting the error again. :(

I believe there is an issue with chrome and SSL certificates at the moment i had issues last week where i could not access paypal, the only advice i had been given over three days of not being able to access paypal was "Makes sure your computer is up to date and check your chrome extensions." after which i installed Firefox and accessed the website and told the people at chrome groups they were useless. I then tried to do some banking and BOOM again SSL certificate error so again i used firefox.

List of Issues:

Certificate failing, only a back button can be pressed access to the site impossible

Site being broke as in CSS not being loaded (odd i know)

Switched to Firefox sites load without issue.

here is a screenshot:

2pq9si9.png

• Like 1

I believe there is an issue with chrome and SSL certificates at the moment i had issues last week where i could not access paypal, the only advice i had been given over three days of not being able to access paypal was "Makes sure your computer is up to date and check your chrome extensions." after which i installed Firefox and accessed the website and told the people at chrome groups they were useless. I then tried to do some banking and BOOM again SSL certificate error so again i used firefox.

Thanks for the info. That's a pretty serious issue. It's annoying, because I really don't want to have to use another browser. :(

Np theyarecomming.

Ive not had an issue with firefox detection but then i only accessed the sites i needed to and then left, but as you can see from the screenshot chrome would not allow me to access paypal at all, all i could do was click "back" the support/group they use was very unhelpful and like i said i just got fed up with crap responses and not being able to do anything for three days. Firefox i was in out and shaking it all about lol

If others are getting the issue with other browsers then maybe there is some sort of bug going around thats disrupting/changing the SSL i dont know im no computer whizz kid anymore lol

Had a client unable to log into Outlook due to a certificate error on Friday, his computer clock had somehow been set to not only the wrong time, but also july 2008 or so....