Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:22

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World

#32 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,572 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:31

A Bugs Life.
I have never seen a bug circus wandering around places I visit. Totally unrealistic.

Harry Potter.
Sure, wizards go to wizard "school" to learn magic. Everyone knows that they go to a college!

Lord of the Rings.
Where to begin...for one, I have yet to see Middle Earth on a map of the world. Not to mention I've never seen an elf, let alone an army of them.

The Shining
How did all of that blood stay in the elevator until the doors opened, huh? I've never heard of an airtight elevator in a hotel.

I could continue (jokingly like the above examples), but perhaps we should make the question a bit more specific...

#33 NinjaGinger

NinjaGinger

Neowinian

• 512 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:32

2012 must take the title.

Same. And the world didnt end 21/12/2012.

#34 +Anarkii

Anarkii

Member N° 1,455

• 5,392 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:34

The Fifth Element.
Starship Troopers
Scott Pilgrim

#35 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• 6,963 posts
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:50

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. The movie itself was very entertaining because of the well-choreographed fighting. But... some of the fight scenes defied the laws of physics. And one in particular made me laugh out loud. :laugh:

Watch this clip and you'll understand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQw5s2oiqk0

This ^^^

They don;t look cool or skilled, they just look clumsy, awkward and attached to wires, to the point where you can almost picture the film studio it was made in.

#36 Som

Som

Neowinian

• 767 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 13:00

Super 8 .... that train crash at the beginning was soooo over the top it took me completely outta the movie, and on top of all that the guy in truck, that the train smashed into, survived .... ha terrible

#37 shine_victim

shine_victim

Neowinian

• 246 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 13:13

Watched that Wanted movie for the second time last night....for reasons beyond my comprehension!

I could come bring myself to the possibility of bending bullets (for a the sake of a movie) but Angelina Jolie was brutal in it, even by her standards.

Ah I am actually getting upset writing about it so I ain't even gonna go through all the bad points that make is unrealistic. Somersaulting cars to assassinate people etc....Please!

#38 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,720 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 13:33

Super 8 .... that train crash at the beginning was soooo over the top it took me completely outta the movie, and on top of all that the guy in truck, that the train smashed into, survived .... ha terrible

Because other than that, Super 8 is an incredibly realistic film?

The vast majority of films are unrealistic in some way or another & that's often what makes them entertaining.

I don't understand the point of this thread at all...

#39 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Resident Misanthrope

• 5,689 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 19:57

Independence Day.

Defeat an alien fleet by infecting them with a virus written on a PowerBook running Mac OS Classic and looking very much like it's written in some form of BASIC? Really?

x86 instruction set will outlive all of us and prove that it's indeed possible :laugh:

#40 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 20:01

Cartoons... I mean, ****ing come the **** on, this is real life! There aren't ****ing drawn people! Every ****ing time I watch some ****ing animated movie, I'm like, " **** this unreal bull****! I can totally see the ****ing drawn lines and ****ing colors! I don't ****ing believe this at all!" Then I ****ing punch my ****ing dogs because I'm so ****ing mad.

#41 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,170 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 20:07

"Taken"
I know the "bad guys" aren't supposed to be able to aim, but this movie was especially sad. Plus Neeson is an atrocious actor. I would have rather seen Keanu Reeves in there than him.

"Hard Ticket to Hawaii" is unrealistic, but in the most hilarious way possible. Watch this movie drunk, and it will be the best day of your life. :rofl:

#42 Redmak

Redmak

Neowinian Senior

• 8,397 posts
  • Phone: HTC One

Posted 28 January 2013 - 20:12

Iron Sky http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1034314/

"The Nazis set up a secret base on the dark side of the moon in 1945 where they hide out and plan to return to power in 2018."

#43 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 20:14

Team America: World Police

The acting was.... how do I explain it.... just fake...

:p

#44 hckngrtfakt

hckngrtfakt

GFX n00b

• 143 posts
  • Phone: iPhone

Posted 28 January 2013 - 20:25

All of them,

because that's what i want to watch, unrealistic plots, imaginary settings, incredible visual effects, etc ... :shifty:

because if i wanted realism, i'd be watching documentaries (or the news at 11) :rofl:

#45 a.mcdear

a.mcdear

Neowinian

• 139 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 20:27

Is the most unrealistic movie ever the same movie as the least realistic movie ever?