Decent mail client for mac?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#46 OP Uplift

Uplift

Just below average Joe

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 05 February 2013 - 13:58

What a shame. It's a great client. I really think that getting it into the app store would help their numbers.

Absolutely, they talk about why they avoided the App Store on their blog and raise some valid points, but i can't help think they are missing out on a huge audience. Other companies have proved the added volume in sales and promotion make up for the strictness/30% cut.

#47 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 05 February 2013 - 14:19

+1000 for Postbox

http://www.postbox-inc.com/

And, if you purchase it, you get to use it on your Windows computers too!

Tim

Just to be clear, if you buy it once, you can download it for Windows and Mac?

I always appreciate programs that do that. I might consider it, as I hate pretty much all of the e-mail options in Windows.

#48 Travelar

Travelar

Neowinian

Posted 05 February 2013 - 14:30

Absolutely, they talk about why they avoided the App Store on their blog and raise some valid points, but i can't help think they are missing out on a huge audience. Other companies have proved the added volume in sales and promotion make up for the strictness/30% cut.

I understand both sides of the argument, I just think that if they are having funding issues, they could certainly turn it around. Maybe two versions... a "lite" app-store version and the full-fledged version they have now. I'm sure there more issues with that that I can see, but it might be worth it.

Just to be clear, if you buy it once, you can download it for Windows and Mac?

Yes. I've never tried the PC version though.

#49 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• Phone: Galaxy Note 2

Posted 05 February 2013 - 21:35

I understand both sides of the argument, I just think that if they are having funding issues, they could certainly turn it around. Maybe two versions... a "lite" app-store version and the full-fledged version they have now. I'm sure there more issues with that that I can see, but it might be worth it.

Yes. I've never tried the PC version though.

I tried it and it works quite well. Looks very good indeed so, yes, it would be a shame to see it vanish. I hope they can make money soon.

#50 Richard C.

Richard C.

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 08 February 2013 - 18:25

Does postbox work for all mail servers or just g-mail, because I don't particularly want g-mail (I have my own mail server) and it looks worth a try.

#51 RottGutt

RottGutt

I'm a geek. Deal with it.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 18:34

Does postbox work for all mail servers or just g-mail, because I don't particularly want g-mail (I have my own mail server) and it looks worth a try.

I am using it currently with 3 e-mail accounts. 2 of them are Gmail, and 1 is my own, hosted off my Synology server.

#52 vetPink Floyd

Pink Floyd

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 February 2013 - 21:40

wow, tried that Airmail that someone proposed and this app is promissing! It crash a bit because it is still in beta phase but I simply love the interface right now. I even submitted a couple of bugs

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!