Can't Buy Windows 8 Upgrade in Korea

win8

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 modena

modena

Neowinian

Posted 26 January 2013 - 15:03

Using the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant, it won't let me move beyond "Billing address" screen. It is requesting a valid zip code, however all of the fields are correctly filled in.

I am attending university in Korea but I'm entering my US billing address since I'll be using my US debit card. Maybe it's detected my region is Korea and wants a valid Korean address instead. Is there another method to buy Windows 8 online? I don't want the Korean version!!

#2 Eins.MY

Eins.MY

Neowinian

Posted 26 January 2013 - 15:07

Are you using Upgrade Assistant tool?

#3 Stoffel

Stoffel

Being on the ocean is cooler then being in front of a Computer

• Phone: WP 8.1 Update

Posted 26 January 2013 - 15:24

Using the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant, it won't let me move beyond "Billing address" screen. It is requesting a valid zip code, however all of the fields are correctly filled in.

I am attending university in Korea but I'm entering my US billing address since I'll be using my US debit card. Maybe it's detected my region is Korea and wants a valid Korean address instead. Is there another method to buy Windows 8 online? I don't want the Korean version!!

I had the same problem living in Honduras with a Belgium VISA card.
I talked my mom in Belgium through the Upgrade Assistant so I could get the Product key

Once you have that you can just download the files from the web and burn the ISO or make a USB stick

#4 hjf288

hjf288

Korean Crazy Man!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:08

Install spotflux then order that way (Will give you a US IP)

#5 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• Tech Issues Solved: 10

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:12

I guess this is some of the 'technology' which isn't legal to transferable to some other countries.

#6 OP modena

modena

Neowinian

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:21

I had the same problem living in Honduras with a Belgium VISA card.
I talked my mom in Belgium through the Upgrade Assistant so I could get the Product key

Once you have that you can just download the files from the web and burn the ISO or make a USB stick

Thanks. You reminded me that I have logmein installed on a family member's laptop. It just happened to be on and in the middle of the night, so I ordered. Got Windows 8 on a disc now. Unsure about the legality of what I did but I used my personal US funds to purchase software for a laptop that I bought in the US. I'm not making any money here, so I'm not sure there would be a problem.

Windows 8 Pro K edition was not an option I would consider.