• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Haggis

Haggis

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 12
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (i9305)

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:43

I dont know whether to buy this or not, i loved the old games but not sure if i am past the sitting for hours playing games phase lol

#62 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 - SM-G900i

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:52

Hope they do something about the slow and laggy UI and game play. It's not exactly smooth, I would hate to see a full map sized city trying to run.

#63 Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 13 years on Neowin

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:56

I dont know whether to buy this or not, i loved the old games but not sure if i am past the sitting for hours playing games phase lol

I haven't played a truly addictive game since Team Fortress 2. I hope this works out.

#64 xendrome

xendrome

In God We Trust; All Others We Monitor

• Tech Issues Solved: 10

Posted 30 January 2013 - 00:04

By now most of you that took part in the "Beta" have probably gotten the e-mail which says

Thank you for playing SimCity!

We hope you enjoyed this sneak peek at SimCity! We're excited to bring back the defining city-building simulation coming to PC on March 5, 2013!

For those who haven't pre-ordered yet, we have a special offer for you!

Pre-Order by January 31 and Get $50 Off Your Next Purchases*

So it's 100% obviously to me this wasn't a "beta" test at all, but a time limited demo to entice you to purchase the full version, while I know they are in the business of making money, I have to say it's pretty crappy to try to pass it off as a "beta test"

#65 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:57

So it's 100% obviously to me this wasn't a "beta" test at all, but a time limited demo to entice you to purchase the full version, while I know they are in the business of making money, I have to say it's pretty crappy to try to pass it off as a "beta test"

I think it was both, they needed to make sure their servers would hold under load and adjust if necessary. There may be another beta as such, but we'll see.

#66 Stoffel

Stoffel

Being on the ocean is cooler then being in front of a Computer

• Phone: WP 8.1 Update

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:06

I only noticed I got the email on sunday night, by the time I got everything downloaded, installed and updated, the servers went down, so I never got to play the game :(
Is there a way to play it offline?

#67 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:33

By now most of you that took part in the "Beta" have probably gotten the e-mail which says

Which is true of most betas (closed OR open) for the past several years. About the only products that have traditional betas these days are from (surprisingly) Microsoft - and even then, it's mostly operating systems and Office on the application side. By and large, it's even been true of games in the F2P from the jump space - look at SMITE, for Ned's sake.

Still, given that, SimCity 2013 (compared just to SimCity 4 Deluxe) is so much better it hurts. Same applies to CitiesXL 2012. To put it plainly, Glass Box is a massive step forward for simulation engines merely from a graphical point of view - throw in the data layer and it is WAY too useful for real-world urban development - which is another area where SimCity gets a lot of use.