- WindowsAndroid is Android running with Windows kernel!
- It does not run by a simulator (such as VirtualBox), it's on real machine, so it's fast!
- It keeps full Android capabilities. You can run all Android apps, including 3D games!
- Current ported Android version is 4.0.3r1, new version is being developed.
- Can run on Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
- Has exactly the same user experience with the original Android 2.
- Integrated with Windows’ applications, such as Flash, Windows Media Player, etc.
- Supports any UI resolution, such as 1920×1080
- Supports windowing mode or full-screen mode, window scaling in windowing mode, and switching between windowing mode and full screen mode.
- Supports IO devices such as mouse, keyboard, remote control.
- Supports Ethernet, pppoe.
To get an early release of WindowsAndroid, you first have to fill out the download form (make sure to provide a valid email address) and grab the hefty 64.8MB installer via the download link you receive in your inbox. WindowsAndroid takes up about 300MB and comes with a cute Android robot icon. Firing it up presents you with a command prompt that loads all the components and then this familiar screen:
Website: http://www.socketeq.com/ (Down at the minute)
Download Mirror: http://www.androidfi...288116658471029
Note: Screenshot is from my machine running this and it is fast indeed