Starcraft 2 Running slow and freezing

Hey guys so I am running starcraft 2 and it works fine when I start a game but once there are a lot of units on the maps it freezes up the screen and i can almost not move at all.

Here are my system specs:

Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC

Processor: AMD Phenom? 9500 Quad-Core

RAM: 8GB - PC2 6400 2GB cards x4

Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT

Hard Drive: 1TB - Hitachi HDT721010SLA360 ATA

Power Supply: Ultra LSP 550W ATX

Also having problems with HD Video editing. I am wondering whether it was my video card or processor or something else that is causing the problem and whether i can upgrade it or not.

Look forward to hearing from you guys!

Thanks

I think at this point your system is simply showing its age. A full upgrade would be the most appropriate route if you're looking for good performance, but if you're on a budget I'd at least recommend a new video card. I'd imagine anything more than the likes of a 560 would be bottle-necked by your processor, so I'd be careful not to overdo it.

Boneyard brew what graphics card specifically would you recommend? im still noob trying to figure out what cards are available for it :( lol

was wondering if i was to upgrade the processor what might be a good choice? and what graphics cards would be available then?

not sure if these questions are to vague :s thanks for the replies!

It's not worth upgrading any component in your PC. You're better off buying a new one online (which can be pre-built too for a small fee). Let us know what your budget is and we'll help you from there.

If that's not an option then I recommend the following:

You should go for the Radeon HD 7770. For $20 more, you get slightly better performance. Also, both video cards should be compatible with your power supply.

Here's how it performs in SC2 on a high-end PC:

8wfkbb.png

24x04r9.png

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5541/amd-radeon-hd-7750-radeon-hd-7770-ghz-edition-review/18

Thanks for the answers guys. No money atm but planning ahead for spring when the rivers start flowing and we need to do some more vid editing. starcraft will just have to wait haha