Has Neowin hit a all time low? If so, one day boycott

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
97 replies to this topic

#1 pes2013

pes2013

Neowinian

• 881 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 13:56

In one of the most disgusting things Ive seen on Neowin, this is frontpage: http://www.neowin.ne...-you-hate-apple

I have got to say that some of us have been here few days and some years and years but I have got to comment that I have NEVER seen a frontpage article hit SO LOW and confirmed as 100% fanboy material.

If so, I believe the site deserves a one day boycott. Material like that is completely unacceptable in any way shape or form. I remind everyone that allow Neowin was writing and designed by the staff members, the real members are the ones that make this community active and alive. One thing is "unprofessional journalism looks better" another is "where being bias looks better". I suggest all members give this site a one day boycott to show that Neowin's members are way better than that.

Don't get me wrong. I would have voted I hate Apple as well as I think they are arrogant and idiots but no.

Opinions?

#2 Glassed Silver

Glassed Silver

☆♡Neowin's portion of Crazy♡☆

• 10,729 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black (6.0.2)

Posted 27 January 2013 - 13:59

Bit overreacting on that particular piece I think.

There's much worse stuff in the news section and its respective comments section.

It's a kind reminder though to keep an eye on other forums and get ready to jump ship if things don't get better soon.

Glassed Silver:mac

#3 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 61,981 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 14:04

No reason people can't express their personal like for a product -- you still don't have to buy it.

Counting the seconds until post is C-l-o-s-e-d ....

#4 webeagle12

webeagle12

Neowinian Senior

• 7,223 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 14:05

I think people like you should take a chill pill and learn how to relax. Just because you think it's wrong, doesn't mean everybody else think that way too. People this day too tight on internet. One day you sneeze and pop your drawers. This is not a white house, this is neowin.

#5 Salutary7

Salutary7

Neowinian

• 459 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 14:06

I agree, it's not really something that should be on the front page. It doesn't seem to serve any purpose other than flamebait. It's not the biggest deal in the world, but I wouldn't want to see more posts like that.

#6 Mark

Mark

(: ollǝɥ

• 3,721 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 14:07

In one of the most disgusting things Ive seen on Neowin, this is frontpage: http://www.neowin.ne...-you-hate-apple

I have got to say that some of us have been here few days and some years and years but I have got to comment that I have NEVER seen a frontpage article hit SO LOW and confirmed as 100% fanboy material.

If so, I believe the site deserves a one day boycott. Material like that is completely unacceptable in any way shape or form. I remind everyone that allow Neowin was writing and designed by the staff members, the real members are the ones that make this community active and alive. One thing is "unprofessional journalism looks better" another is "where being bias looks better". I suggest all members give this site a one day boycott to show that Neowin's members are way better than that.

Don't get me wrong. I would have voted I hate Apple as well as I think they are arrogant and idiots but no.

Opinions?

I wasn't as bothered as you to post a thread about it but yeah, I totally agree with you.

#7 OP pes2013

pes2013

Neowinian

• 881 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 14:11

Bit overreacting on that particular piece I think.

There's much worse stuff in the news section and its respective comments section.

It's a kind reminder though to keep an eye on other forums and get ready to jump ship if things don't get better soon.
Glassed Silver:mac

There is worst stuff in the news section BUT nothing like this has ever hit frontpage. This is not frontpage material. What you see on the frontpage is basically what the site is about. If I was a guest browsing and I saw that, I would not sign up because I would think this is a antiApple page.

No reason people can't express their personal like for a product -- you still don't have to buy it.

Counting the seconds until post is C-l-o-s-e-d ....

They can express their like/dislike; Its the image that Neowin is giving about itself and its members that bothers me

I think people like you should take a chill pill and learn how to relax. Just because you think it's wrong, doesn't mean everybody else think that way too. People this day too tight on internet. One day you sneeze and pop your drawers. This is not a white house, this is neowin.

I imagine you are very young and do not understand when a site that has members gives out its image. Like I said above, it seems all of us are just antiApple

#8 Exynos

Exynos

Android, Samsung & Windows expert

• 539 posts
  • OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional (64-bit) on my Samsung 9-series (NP900X4C-A01SE) laptop.
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505).

Posted 27 January 2013 - 14:12

What about this thing that i found on the XDA-Developers forum?

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2046924

Kicking out / ban a forum user just because he said Apple was idiots is WAY way worser than than the case you OP are talking about.

Now, i'm pretty new to the Neowin webpage, so i'm not gonna come with ANY conclusion on how the admins or moderators are now on this web page.

For me so far, Neowin looks to be one of the best web pages so far when it's about hardware and software news.

#9 OP pes2013

pes2013

Neowinian

• 881 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 14:15

I wasn't as bothered as you to post a thread about it but yeah, I totally agree with you.

I don't care much as well, I mean life goes on and I know members on this site are not like that but I think our opinion has to be said.

No need to get so butthurt over an article Apple fanboy

I mentioned it already; I do not like Apple. I hate them. I would say a comment about Jobs but it would get me a warning/ban. I would have posted the same topic if it was about Microsoft/Google/Sony/IBM/Oracle/Cisco/Juniper Networks/Asus/etc.....All about what Neowin is making its members look like.

#10 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 61,981 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 14:15

For me so far, Neowin looks to be one of the best web pages so far when it's about hardware and software news.

^ I don't know if Neowin.net is the best, but I enjoy it. ;)

#11 jakem1

jakem1

Neowinian Senior

• 6,444 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 14:18

It's a pretty stupid poll but I wouldn't bother worrying about it too much. As you suggested, it's just flamebait to drive page views so the easiest thing to do is ignore it (or use an ad blocker).

#12 xendrome

xendrome

In God We Trust; All Others We Monitor

• 7,232 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 14:19

It's just a poll. I think you should just let others express their opinions. Why not contact the writer and suggest he run a Do you hate Microsoft poll next week. Then we can all lulz together in harmony.

#13 +Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,527 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 14:19

Nope, it's a way for the neowin staff to see what dead wood needs cutting loose
Neobond is about to mass ban

#14 vetScorpus

Scorpus

Tim Schiesser

• 1,375 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 14:22

I would like to thank everyone who posted an intelligent response to the question/poll. You guys are the ones that make this community special.

#15 Syanide

Syanide

From here to infirmary.

• 4,143 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 14:25

I actually wanted to post something similar. There are plenty of low quality click-bait posts on the front page (most of them, really), but posting a poll titled "Do you hate Apple" is ****ing mental.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!