multiple google calendars, wp8

Hi all,

I've read and followed (to the T) the how-to from the front page, but I cannot get more than one calendar to appear on my Lumia 820. Does it only work if all the calendars are registered to the same account? As the calendar I am trying to add is shared with my from someone else and is really important!

Yes, and it's selected and saved. But it still doesn't show up on my phone. The account is added as an outlook account rather than gmail.

That could be your problem. The outlook account method is exchange or EAS and google is ending support for it (jan 30th I believe) but google might be doing it early. Try re-doing it as an imap account for email, a caldav for calendar, and cardav for contacts. Once that is done then do the m.google.com/sync to get the multiple calendars.

Google is only ending new devices, existing devices with EAS will continue to work. It's ending today so you might be out of luck in terms of re-setting it up. WP should have had an option for "Gmail" when you went to add accounts didn't it? Why'd you set it up as an Outlook account? I'm not sure if Win8/WP8 supports caldav and cardav, and IMAP is so much worse than EAS. Unfortunate.

Google is only ending new devices, existing devices with EAS will continue to work. It's ending today so you might be out of luck in terms of re-setting it up. WP should have had an option for "Gmail" when you went to add accounts didn't it? Why'd you set it up as an Outlook account? I'm not sure if Win8/WP8 supports caldav and cardav, and IMAP is so much worse than EAS. Unfortunate.

I set it up as EAS as wp8 only allows push notifications for one google account at a time. I have it set to google now though, but no calendar as of yet :(

This is crazy. I google the problem (again) and followed a different set of instructions (the official google one) here http://support.google.com/a/users/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2450384

And when viewing the mobile page, got a totally different screen to what i've seen before. Fixed it, piece of cake. Just don't know why it didn't before!

When I did it before, I didn't have the option to select which device to change settings for. Weird!<br>post-276090-0-40989300-1359545854.jpg<br>post-276090-0-50829300-1359545860.jpg

Oh I think I know what you ran into. I copied the link I gave you from some googling and forgot the settings part. It used to work fine but at some point Google changed it so you can only get to the actual management page with the longer link. I ran into that same issue a while ago and promptly forgot about it :p

I know with Windows 8, they made it so only 1 Google Calendar could be synced natively for "bandwidth" reasons. I got around this by subscribing to my calendars privately using my Microsoft account.

I know with Windows 8, they made it so only 1 Google Calendar could be synced natively for "bandwidth" reasons. I got around this by subscribing to my calendars privately using my Microsoft account.

or you could just disable js and change the part in the URL where it says multiplecalendars = false to true.

• Like 1