Ubuntu 12.04 jockey error

First time Linux user. Please be gentle hehe.

I installed Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS. All files were installed and prompt to restart appeared.

I clicked restart and it got to login screen. I typed in the password and booted to desktop. About 30 seconds later a window popped up saying that there was an error loading jockey.

I have not done anything but install Ubuntu. I did another clean install and got the same error.

Is this easy to fix? Thank you in advance.

I couldn't really find anything on this.. Never really heard of this error.. Are you loading the English version? Also, check the MD5 of the ISO.. It could be bad

I couldn't really find anything on this.. Never really heard of this error.. Are you loading the English version? Also, check the MD5 of the ISO.. It could be bad

Thank you for taking the time to help me. It is English and I did check MD5. I re-downloaded also. Using 64bit.

Try looking up Jockey in Synaptic, and see what it brings. If it's not on Ubuntu, use sudo apt-get install synaptic

Tell us what you get when you look that up.

Try re-installing them both. Left click the button on left and say reinstall, and hit the apply button on top.

Try re-installing them both. Left click the button on left and say reinstall, and hit the apply button on top.

Will do

What graphic card do you have?

I have two and tried them both. Same error. They are Nvidia 9800GTX and 8800GT. Both based on G92 architecture.

It is late here. I will be back tomorrow.

Thank you so very much for helping me.

My main question is: Did run Update Manager? If not, run it, install the updates and that might clear your error.

Can you take a screen shot?

This is what comes up right after clean install without updating.

Screenshotfrom2013-01-29063800_zps9bc4dc77.png

My main question is: Did run Update Manager? If not, run it, install the updates and that might clear your error.

Yep, that cleared it.

I do understand why this might have come up. There's so much hardware out there and not all is created equal.

Thank you ALL for taking your time to help me. I really appreciate it.

Now, how do I mark this thread as Resolved?

Glad I could help. I don't run Ubuntu often, mainly on Fedora, but I have ran into several issues when I have ran Ubuntu. Usually the updates fix 98% of them. Enjoy your new OS!