Photo

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 26,760 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:22

Has anyone else noticed when talking to people who are on Facebook chat via their phone they CONSTANTLY

disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and

It's VERY annoying.

#2 +djdanster

djdanster

Neowin elite

• 3,200 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 White Frost

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:22

Can't say I have. Got to be something to do with signal strength.

#3 OP +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 26,760 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:24

Can't say I have. Got to be something to do with signal strength.

It happens to EVERYONE I talk to if they are on their phone. At first I thought maybe it was just trillian so I opened a chat box and sent someone on their phone a message. Trillian said they disconnect and their green ball also left next next to their name on the actual facebook website.

#4 Denis W.

Denis W.

The True North!

• 16,380 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:32

Unless it's Facebook's official client, chances are whatever you're using to talk to them on Facebook chat doesn't support messaging friends when they're offline or not actively using chat on their phone - hence the massive amount of connects and disconnects.

#5 Stetson

Stetson

Neowinian Senior

• 2,869 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:33

Probably because they open the messenger app when they get a notification, type a reply, and then leave the app to go back to whatever they were doing.

Any particular reason that's annoying? All it should result in is their status icon changing between mobile and the green dot.

#6 Matthew_Thepc

Matthew_Thepc

Neowinian

• 1,177 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:35

Yeah, I notice it for some people, but not sure if it's because they're exiting out of the app or if it's just a problem with that specific app or what O.O

#7 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:45

Yup. Not sure why. Wife says it's annoying as Hell.