7 posts in this topic

Posted

Has anyone else noticed when talking to people who are on Facebook chat via their phone they CONSTANTLY

disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect and

It's VERY annoying.

Posted

Can't say I have. Got to be something to do with signal strength.

Posted

[quote name='djdanster' timestamp='1359429772' post='595486942']
Can't say I have. Got to be something to do with signal strength.
[/quote]

It happens to EVERYONE I talk to if they are on their phone. At first I thought maybe it was just trillian so I opened a chat box and sent someone on their phone a message. Trillian said they disconnect and their green ball also left next next to their name on the actual facebook website.

Posted

Unless it's Facebook's official client, chances are whatever you're using to talk to them on Facebook chat doesn't support messaging friends when they're offline or not actively using chat on their phone - hence the massive amount of connects and disconnects.

Posted

Probably because they open the messenger app when they get a notification, type a reply, and then leave the app to go back to whatever they were doing.

Any particular reason that's annoying? All it should result in is their status icon changing between mobile and the green dot.

Posted

Yeah, I notice it for some people, but not sure if it's because they're exiting out of the app or if it's just a problem with that specific app or what O.O

Posted

Yup. Not sure why. Wife says it's annoying as Hell.