Photo

Any news on windows blue?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 OP slumdogtrillionaire

slumdogtrillionaire

Neowinian

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:04

Microsoft news, the company is rumored to be working on its next generation operating system. Codenamed Windows Blue, it will be a low cost upgrade for existing Windows users that will be based on a subscription service for updates.

[link to www.pcper.com]

#17 cork1958

cork1958

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:22

You have to be joking. Windows 8 has only been out for a month or two, with a planned relaunch very soon. There's no way you're going to see Blue until at least September by my guess. Releasing Blue now would be the equivalent to Microsoft saying, "whoops...we messed up some things with Windows 8" which will just cause all manner of..."debate."

I'd have to agree with you all the way here. Must be OP is totally PO'd at his nice, shiny, brand new Windows 8 POS!! :woot:

#18 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:55

Microsoft news, the company is rumored to be working on its next generation operating system. Codenamed Windows Blue, it will be a low cost upgrade for existing Windows users that will be based on a subscription service for updates.

[link to www.pcper.com]

What's with the referer link ? even without that the sources is just rumor speculation.

#19 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 31 January 2013 - 13:18

Windows Blue will have UI changes, more for kb+mouse users and update to winrt apis etc. I don't think we'll see any more big changes till Windows 9.

#20 Stoffel

Stoffel

Being on the ocean is cooler then being in front of a Computer

• Phone: WP 8.1 Update

Posted 31 January 2013 - 13:35

Forgot where I read it, but I thought they were going to make the start screen more like WP8, with more sizes of tiles available
Maybe we can also see more of the control panel options move to metro?

#21 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 31 January 2013 - 14:14

Forgot where I read it, but I thought they were going to make the start screen more like WP8, with more sizes of tiles available
Maybe we can also see more of the control panel options move to metro?

Adding the smaller tile option from WP8 is a given I bet. Adding more to the metro control panel will also happen to since I think the desktop side of things will change to better merge with metro.

#22 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 31 January 2013 - 14:52

Granted all of this is pure speculation at this point, The only thing that's been promised is improvements to the modern UI and implementation.

#23 sc302

sc302

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 25

Posted 31 January 2013 - 15:15

I wouldn't call it "flying", support for it is over, and security updates will cease next year.

support ends when updates end
http://www.microsoft...dofsupport.aspx

WHAT?

What does end of support mean to customers?

It means you should take action. After April 8, 2014, there will be no new security updates, non-security hotfixes, free or paid assisted support options or online technical content updates.

Not that I use it, just pointing out that it is still supported by Microsoft.

#24 Deactivated.

Deactivated.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 16:26

Not that I use it, just pointing out that it is still supported by Microsoft.

and say what you will about Microsoft, but supporting their OS for almost 13 years...that's something...

I still use it on one laptop (that isn't connected to the internet) and in a VM, too. Does its job just fine. :)

#25 cropcircles

cropcircles

Neowinian

Posted 31 January 2013 - 16:47

Releasing Blue now would be the equivalent to Microsoft saying, "whoops...we messed up some things with Windows 8"

Exactly why MS is probably farther along with Blue then what anyone is aware of except some guys in white coats hidden in a closet in Redmond. The next release will come sooner then later.

#26 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 31 January 2013 - 17:08

Exactly why MS is probably farther along with Blue then what anyone is aware of except some guys in white coats hidden in a closet in Redmond. The next release will come sooner then later.

The rumors are for summer, I could see it coming in July.

#27 cropcircles

cropcircles

Neowinian

Posted 31 January 2013 - 17:26

http://channel9.msdn.com/Forums/Coffeehouse/Microsoft-still-in-denial-phase-over-W8-possible-relaunch-in-February

There might be somebody at the Coffeehouse forum to puke out some info. Shane probably has as much insight into this as anyone.

#28 Colin McGregor

Colin McGregor

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Ativ S WP8

Posted 31 January 2013 - 17:38

unbelievable 2013 and still xp is flying. maybe blue will clip its wings. fingers crossed for a good os.

Vista was a good OS (except the damage NVidia did to it), Win 7 was good. Windows 8 is amazing. If you still think nothing has topped xp then Blue wont do anything for you. Its not like its gonna add a start button. Its archaic and unnecessary, and GONE. Move on or stay with xp.

http://channel9.msdn.com/Forums/Coffeehouse/Microsoft-still-in-denial-phase-over-W8-possible-relaunch-in-February

There might be somebody at the Coffeehouse forum to puke out some info. Shane probably has as much insight into this as anyone.

so you quote a channel9 post quoting theregister?? lol

#29 Deactivated.

Deactivated.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 17:46

Windows 8 is amazing. If you still think nothing has topped xp then Blue wont do anything for you.

That's not really the reason XP is still so popular though. XP may not be amazing by today's standards (of course, neither is Windows 8, imo), but it more than suffices for certain areas of application. It's "good enough".

#30 Colin McGregor

Colin McGregor

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Ativ S WP8

Posted 31 January 2013 - 18:03

That's not really the reason XP is still so popular though. XP may not be amazing by today's standards (of course, neither is Windows 8, imo), but it more than suffices for certain areas of application. It's "good enough".

never said it wasn't good enough. Not even close to that.