Photo

Do you dislike any technology company?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you dislike any technology company?

Do you dislike any technology company?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 nohone

nohone

Neowinian Senior

• 2,045 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 20:48

I have my favorites, but I don't hate any company. Although, according to a few on Neowin, by using a number of Apple products and finding a few flaws with those products just like I do with all tech equipment, I do nothing but spend my entire day loathing and hating the company, plotting new ways to make up lies about them and try to bring them down. Does that count as hating a company?

#32 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 5,974 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 29 January 2013 - 20:53

I dislike Sony because after 7 PS2's fail because of laser faults within months they stopped replacing them for me because it had to be "my fault".

#33 +Medfordite

Medfordite

Neowinian Senior

• 2,410 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy Axiom

Posted 29 January 2013 - 21:04

I won't buy anything LG personally. Had way too many cell phones of theirs flake out on us within warranty, 4 out of 4 CD/DVD drives fail within a year. Not sure about their appliances quality wise, but with their electronics for us at least, they just don't like to work after a short while.

#34 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 29 January 2013 - 21:10

For the lovers....

#35 Copernic

Copernic

Neowinian Senior

• 3,732 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:36

I don't dislike tech companies but I don't like their practices:

Wikipedia No Logo
No Logo @Amazon

An Introduction to Naomi Klein's "No Logo":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0TQR1kVs0k

#36 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:40

If I cared enough I could really dislike Microsoft and Apple. If I cared enough.

#37 compl3x

compl3x

Neowinian Senior

• 8,104 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:21

You missed out an "Other" option, as I do dislike one company, but they're not on the list: Monster.

They sell the $150/$200/$300 HDMI cables, right? Yeah, companies like that get plenty of scorn from me. I go out of my way to tell complete strangers in electronic stores not to waste their money on expensive HDMI cables; el-cheapo ones work just fine.

I dislike Sony because after 7 PS2's fail because of laser faults within months they stopped replacing them for me because it had to be "my fault".

7? I'd find it hard to believe 7 devices fail too.

As for the OP's question: I don't really hate any companies, I dislike certain aspects, especially poor customer service. Outsourcing to India and the like has done a lot of damage to some companies reputation.

But I can happily say every time I've needed to claim a warranty or repair it has been pretty hassle-free. I might just be lucky in that regard.

#38 mattmatik

mattmatik

formerly soLoredd

• 4,928 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:36

Nope but I do temper what companies I might buy from, for example the Monster cables.

#39 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

• 2,978 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:49

I hate Google and its not childish to hate a company. My reason being them abruptly discontinuing certain services I relied upon.

I also don't trust my data with them and I am sometimes shown ads based on my email content. Scary stuff and enough to shake your confidence.

#40 +Tech085

Tech085

Banned

• 903 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:13

IBM I don't like that name for a company.

#41 +zhiVago

zhiVago

World Citizen

• 9,318 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:39

The companies play on our emotions through their advertising all the time. To ignite an emotion, to motivate for a purchase is their primary goal.

As a result, some of their methods (how they communicate with us) are successful and some are not because not all the people are the same. We have different tastes and what works for me, may not work for you.

If all the companies had plain logos, looked the same, didn't advertise, didn't do PR campaigns, then we'd felt neutral to them.

So, it's natural to love or hate a company, or not care.

The consumers' attitude towards a company ABC is a product of many-many factors, both internal and external, because the human psyche is a complex thing.

#42 PsYcHoKiLLa

PsYcHoKiLLa

Views expressed are not necessarily those of the management

• 1,293 posts
  • Phone: LG Nexus 4

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:48

Apple annoys me but I wouldn't say I hate them, there's lots of things I like about them. What I don't like is their transformation from rebel to evil corporation, i.e. their first adverts mocked IBM as being Big Brother but now they're worse than IBM ever was, their attempt to sue every other manufacturer out of the market instead of defeating them by innovation, it seems to me Apple has run out of ideas.