Do you dislike any technology company?

Do you dislike any technology company?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Do you dislike any technology company?

• Samsung
    • Apple
    • HP
    • Foxconn
    • IBM
    • Panasonic
    • Microsoft
    • Dell
    • Fujitsu
    • Intel
    • Google
    • No, I think it is stupid to dislike and/or hate a company

i wont buy any products from Creative after they started charging for their drivers.

I'm not even gonna buy soundcards anymore.... my next audio purchase will be a USB DAC and some studio monitors...

I have my favorites, but I don't hate any company. Although, according to a few on Neowin, by using a number of Apple products and finding a few flaws with those products just like I do with all tech equipment, I do nothing but spend my entire day loathing and hating the company, plotting new ways to make up lies about them and try to bring them down. Does that count as hating a company?

I dislike Sony because after 7 PS2's fail because of laser faults within months they stopped replacing them for me because it had to be "my fault".

I won't buy anything LG personally. Had way too many cell phones of theirs flake out on us within warranty, 4 out of 4 CD/DVD drives fail within a year. Not sure about their appliances quality wise, but with their electronics for us at least, they just don't like to work after a short while.

You missed out an "Other" option, as I do dislike one company, but they're not on the list: Monster.

They sell the $150/$200/$300 HDMI cables, right? Yeah, companies like that get plenty of scorn from me. I go out of my way to tell complete strangers in electronic stores not to waste their money on expensive HDMI cables; el-cheapo ones work just fine.

I dislike Sony because after 7 PS2's fail because of laser faults within months they stopped replacing them for me because it had to be "my fault".

7? I'd find it hard to believe 7 devices fail too.

As for the OP's question: I don't really hate any companies, I dislike certain aspects, especially poor customer service. Outsourcing to India and the like has done a lot of damage to some companies reputation.

But I can happily say every time I've needed to claim a warranty or repair it has been pretty hassle-free. I might just be lucky in that regard.

I hate Google and its not childish to hate a company. My reason being them abruptly discontinuing certain services I relied upon.

I also don't trust my data with them and I am sometimes shown ads based on my email content. Scary stuff and enough to shake your confidence.

The companies play on our emotions through their advertising all the time. To ignite an emotion, to motivate for a purchase is their primary goal.

As a result, some of their methods (how they communicate with us) are successful and some are not because not all the people are the same. We have different tastes and what works for me, may not work for you.

If all the companies had plain logos, looked the same, didn't advertise, didn't do PR campaigns, then we'd felt neutral to them.

So, it's natural to love or hate a company, or not care.

The consumers' attitude towards a company ABC is a product of many-many factors, both internal and external, because the human psyche is a complex thing.

Apple annoys me but I wouldn't say I hate them, there's lots of things I like about them. What I don't like is their transformation from rebel to evil corporation, i.e. their first adverts mocked IBM as being Big Brother but now they're worse than IBM ever was, their attempt to sue every other manufacturer out of the market instead of defeating them by innovation, it seems to me Apple has run out of ideas.