Xbox Live Tenure Reducing

Hey all, after playing Gears of War yesterday I realized I wanted to check something in my profile for some reason. When I went to check my profile I realized that I only had 3 active years compared to 5/6 that it should be. It seems the "issue" started this month, January, and this "issue" is known by the Xbox Live Team.

Xbox Live Forums Support Rep Confirming Issue

Apparently one of the temp fixes is:

Tremendous news guys! Our LIVE Engineers were able to identify the root of the matter and have run a fix that should resolve the issue. To force your profile to recalculate your tenure (to the correct number!), can we have you delete and re-download your profile to your Xbox 360 console? For a step by step on how to delete and re-download your profile check out our Support article - Download, move, or delete your Xbox LIVE profile!

*Note that when you delete your profile make sure to select Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements. We wouldn?t want you to lose any of the good stuff!

If you do continue to see the incorrect tenure after re-downloading your profile please let us know by creating your own thread in this forum or replying to your thread if you have one already open. We appreciate the patience you guys have had throughout the issue! Really helps us keep our eye on the prize. :)

I dont think I need to be reminded of how long ive been a member.. there is no prize for X amount of years..

True. Although, for me personally, it's just nice to know I've been a member/supporter for this long. Regardless it's annoying to many it seems.

• 2 weeks later...

it is now to know and see for sentimental value, everyone feels pride in tenure. but where do you even see this? after the last update the number of years doesn't show anywhere that i can tell.

it is now to know and see for sentimental value, everyone feels pride in tenure. but where do you even see this? after the last update the number of years doesn't show anywhere that i can tell.

Yeah, I haven't seen mine for a long time now.

Yeah, I haven't seen mine for a long time now.

You can view your own tenure by viewing your profile on the dashboard, off the top of my head i believe you do this by going to the social tab and clicking on your avatar.

A friends tenure is shown when you view there profile - press the guide button > friends > click on a friend > tenure should be shown in the top right.

Yours says 6yrs.

Mine should be much longer than my current 2yrs but I guess I was away for a bit :p

Yours says 6yrs.

Mine should be much longer than my current 2yrs but I guess I was away for a bit :p

I read somewhere a while back that if you go into Silver for a week (or free, w/e it's called now) it resets.