• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 AnotherITguy

AnotherITguy

Neowinian

• 899 posts
  • Phone: Iphone 5C 16GB

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:09

Its funny how everyone forgets the americans have landed with the CADILLAC CTS V, and the new CORVETTE STINGRAY..

#17 +Chicane-UK

Chicane-UK

Neowinian Senior

• 9,711 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:52

The only //M car I've had a chance to drive was an E39 M5... needless to say it left an impression. Awesome machine. Would love to try the newer ones - the V10 or the new V8 Turbo...

#18 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• 6,523 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 30 January 2013 - 13:03

Its funny how everyone forgets the americans have landed with the CADILLAC CTS V, and the new CORVETTE STINGRAY..

No one has forgotten about them! I hate the exterior design on the CTS-V, but it is a monster of a car. The new Corvette looks amazing both inside and out - but it is in a different class than the M5...

#19 fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

• 3,595 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 30 January 2013 - 13:14

I looked at those.. those are pretty bad ass.. Then I wanted the 530 because of the price.. Then I test drove an Infiniti G37s.. thats what I drove home.. I love that car.. Sweet looking M5!

#20 alwaysonacoffebreak

alwaysonacoffebreak

Neowinian Senior

• 2,576 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL

Posted 30 January 2013 - 13:15

The new Corvette and amazing? What the hell is wrong with you people? Take that little piece of plastic and set it on fire. Never understood what people see in corvettes.

#21 +Chicane-UK

Chicane-UK

Neowinian Senior

• 9,711 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 30 January 2013 - 13:23

The new Corvette and amazing? What the hell is wrong with you people? Take that little piece of plastic and set it on fire. Never understood what people see in corvettes.

I think the current raft of American muscle cars are awesome.. that stupid sneering opinion that a lot of Europeans still have about American cars being unrefined or cheap (usually quoted verbatim from Top Gear) is completely without basis any more.

Had the pleasure of driving my first 'muscle' car on a trip to San Francisco in 2012 - a Dodge Challenger Hemi - it absolutely obliterated my expectations. I couldn't believe how refined, well made and enjoyable it was. A totally unforgettable experience. And I've driven(and owned) more than my share of European cars...

The new Sting Ray and Viper are absolutely beautiful.. I'd give my right nut to own either.

#22 ]SK[

]SK[

Neowinian Senior

• 3,494 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 30 January 2013 - 13:31

i just despise BMW's interior...it looks so cheap for such a gorgeous car.

I echo this. I am looking around atm and looked at a BMW as I saw one at a dealership. Getting up close though I was majorly put off at their interior. Personally I like the interior of Audi's. Merc's again are nasty old Managing Director's cars.

#23 peacemf

peacemf

T Fizz - now with more bubbles!

• 2,871 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 23:12

I echo this. I am looking around atm and looked at a BMW as I saw one at a dealership. Getting up close though I was majorly put off at their interior. Personally I like the interior of Audi's. Merc's again are nasty old Managing Director's cars.

i dont like audi's 90's red button look, and the display looks sad for some reason.
i've got the w212, its interior it very plastic, the current 5 series is nicer build.

Overall none of them look expensive when compared to their costs.....the e class uses the same stuff from the c class, and the same is true for the 3 and 5 series.
the jag does interior well (xf).......and porsche, they have awesome interiors lately.

but back to topic!
AWESOME m5's!!! more pictures!!

#24 Jason S.

Jason S.

Neowinian Senior

• 12,030 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 23:21

i respect the car and the situation, but why TWO of them? What's the reasoning?

#25 Kami-

Kami-

♫ d(-_-)b ♫

• 3,869 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:34

What kind of job does someone have where they could afford 2 m5's?

One like mine... *shrugs*

#26 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• 8,613 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 20:59

What kind of job does someone have where they could afford 2 m5's?

Please - the M5 is not pricey - no more so than Cadillac or Lincoln in terms of saloons (and less than - as was pointed out elsewhere - Mercedes Benz).

Yes - the M5 starts at $90K - however, as I pointed out before, that is LOW for a sports saloon - or are you comparing it the the Cadillac ATS (which is comparable to the M3 - not M5)?

#27 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

• 8,896 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 21:10

LOL Cadillacs.

Those things spend more time in the shop than they do on the road.