• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:43

Make sure you enable full tracking and EAS text messaging (its in the settings)

#17 rfirth

rfirth

Software Engineer

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 620

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:55

GPS on my phone has been turned off since I got the phone and still get the alerts. It is not based on GPS... the carrier is sending the alerts to all of us based on the settings. Like you see alerts on your TV.. the TV provider sending the message to all of us.

Right, it's by cell phone tower. They don't need to know your location at all. The towers in the areas affected just start beaming the message to whatever supported devices are listening.

#18 Bwman10

Bwman10

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:00

I got a GS3 about a year ago, and I am having the same issues.  On my older phone that I had before this one, (a Samsung Captivate Glide [CG]) that had the feature and worked really well, matter of fact whenever it'd go off, I'd nearly crapped myself because it caught me off guard, yet it still was there to alert me to things going on important in life.  On the Samsung C.G., in the settings menu under the messages screen had an option for "emergency alerts," which I normally always had that active.  Ever since I recieved my GS3 though, I've noticed that setting absent from the options menu under the messaging screen.  I often wonder why this is, and also why the update that I ran on it to upgrade it to the next Android version (to 4.1.2?,) that didn't bring the phone "up to code" per say..?

Anyone with any ideas as to what's going on with this feature on AT&T phones, please enlighten us..?

Thanks!