Photo

Man accused of coercing women on-line to go nude

california social media skype identity theft facebook messages computer intrusion

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,995 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 15:11

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A man's unusually complicated hunt for nudity on the Internet may land him in prison for more than 100 years after federal prosecutors say he hacked into hundreds of social media and email accounts to coerce more than 350 women into showing him their naked bodies.

Karen "Gary" Kazaryan, 27, of Glendale, was arrested Tuesday after he was named in an indictment Friday alleging 15 counts of computer intrusion and 15 counts of aggravated identity theft, said Assistant U.S. Attorney Tracy L. Wilkison.

Prosecutors accuse Kazaryan of hacking into the women's accounts and searching Facebook messages, emails and other files for nude or semi-nude pictures of them.

He then posed as a friend, persuading them to strip while he watched via Skype, captured images of them, or both.

When the women discovered that Kazaryan was posing as a friend, he often blackmailed them with the nude photos he had fraudulently obtained to coerce more stripping, prosecutors said. In some cases, he's accused of posting the nude photos to the victims' Facebook pages.

About 3,000 pictures of nude and semi-nude women were found on Kazaryan's computer, authorities said.

FBI investigators estimate Kazaryan had more than 350 victims, but all of the women have not yet been identified. Authorities are asking people who believe they may have been a victim to contact FBI offices in Los Angeles.

Thom Mrozek, a spokesman for the U.S. attorney's office, said most of the victims were local.

Kazaryan faces up to 105 years in prison if he's convicted on all counts.

source

#2 JaredFrost

JaredFrost

Neowinian

• 1,348 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 15:20

At first when I saw the title I was like, how is that different from going to a bar and doing the same thing.

Then I read, totally not what I thought it was, so yeah, what he did was clearly wrong

But 105 years is a little excessive, wasn't prison supposed to be about rehabilitation not punishment?

#3 The Laughing Man

The Laughing Man

Neowinian Senior

• 2,964 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 15:29

His name is Karen?, Well there was his first issue...

#4 -Deleted-

-Deleted-

Neowinian

• 204 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 15:58

At first when I saw the title I was like, how is that different from going to a bar and doing the same thing.

Then I read, totally not what I thought it was, so yeah, what he did was clearly wrong

But 105 years is a little excessive, wasn't prison supposed to be about rehabilitation not punishment?

He'd have been better abducting some women and sexual assaulting her over and over again....He'd have probably got about 30 years for that.. Just shows how screwed up the "justice" is in it's current state...As a cannabis smoker I constantly feel the effects of this ****ed up system...15 years in the UK for having weed if they think you're dealing....yet 5 years for carrying a knife..LOGIC!

#5 fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• 3,837 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 30 January 2013 - 16:07

Well played sir..well played

Posted Image

#6 Colin McGregor

Colin McGregor

Neowinian Senior

• 1,704 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Ativ S WP8

Posted 30 January 2013 - 16:59

He'd have been better abducting some women and sexual assaulting her over and over again....He'd have probably got about 30 years for that.. Just shows how screwed up the "justice" is in it's current state...As a cannabis smoker I constantly feel the effects of this ****ed up system...15 years in the UK for having weed if they think you're dealing....yet 5 years for carrying a knife..LOGIC!

wrong.

he hacked into hundreds of social media and email accounts to coerce more than 350 women into showing him their naked bodies.

if he abducted and assaulted 350 woman he would get WAAAAAAY longer then 105 yrs. They would probably hang him. Its funny on this site how people can break the law and get sympathy. He hacked hundreds of accounts and harassed 350 woman, I say good. Lets see if he goes to jail like a man or if he kills himself like a coward like that other hacker kid.

If you don't want to get arrested for weed don't leave the house with it. Brainsurgery 101.

#7 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,995 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 17:03

Why are these women taking nude pictures of themselves in the first place ?

You must be very weak-minded if you let someone on-line tell you to strip on-camera.

Computers have an OFF switch ...

#8 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,933 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 30 January 2013 - 17:05

No, rehab is what they do elsewhere than America.

#9 goodbytes

goodbytes

Just below average Joe

• 6,282 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 17:08

You must be very weak-minded if you let someone on-line tell you to strip on-camera.

you are using the internet wrong. the woman love getting their kit off online, not sure why but not complaining.

#10 HSoft

HSoft

Neowinian Senior

• 3,930 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 17:15

No prison is punishment hence the phrase pay for your crimes.
I agree though, 105 years is a tad excessive.

#11 psionicinversion

psionicinversion

Neowinian Senior

• 1,878 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 17:28

He obviously doesnt want to pay for anything otherwise he'd of bought the photos lol

#12 Deactivated.

Deactivated.

• 2,631 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 17:37

Talk about blaming the victim?! :s They were blackmailed. As for the nude pictures, they can do whatever they please in the comfort of their own home.

#13 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,360 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 30 January 2013 - 17:41

Prison is serious business. I mean those business with revenue and ****.

#14 brianshapiro

brianshapiro

Neowinian Senior

• 3,027 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 17:45

It doesn't say no chance of parole. A sentence doesn't mean the person is going to be serving the whole thing.

#15 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,933 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 30 January 2013 - 17:48

No prison is punishment hence the phrase pay for your crimes.
I agree though, 105 years is a tad excessive.

And that's why the American prison system is a joke and a revolving door. and small time or innocents that go in, come out hardened criminals. hardened criminals come out murderers.

But what do I know, I'm in a nation where we actually do rehabilitate, and where we have very low percentage of repeat criminals, where even the Moore idiot decided that he couldn't use the footage here in his documentary, because the American public would never believe it.