Photo

Man accused of coercing women on-line to go nude

california social media skype identity theft facebook messages computer intrusion

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 cork1958

cork1958

Neowinian

• 8,458 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 17:49

This is even more messed up that Manti Teo hoax/scam!

Are people really that stupid and gullible?

Have to give her/him credit for ingenuity though! ;)

#17 Crimson Rain

Crimson Rain

Neowinian

• 1,247 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 1020 Yellow

Posted 30 January 2013 - 18:50

Why do they have nude pictures in the first place let alone keeping them online? Brainless.

#18 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,545 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 18:50

Talk about blaming the victim?! :s They were blackmailed. As for the nude pictures, they can do whatever they please in the comfort of their own home.

Just try blackmailing me -- see if I strip on camera -- LOL :rofl:

#19 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• 6,870 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 30 January 2013 - 18:58

No prison is punishment hence the phrase pay for your crimes.

except it's really not anymore. at least not here in the States
and how are THEY paying? we're the ones paying the taxes so they can have a free bed to sleep in and 3 meals a day

#20 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 6,228 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 19:08

Just try blackmailing me -- see if I strip on camera -- LOL :rofl:

Nobody here is interested in an alien striptease.

#21 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• 6,567 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 30 January 2013 - 19:14

105 years? Seriously? How exactly do they expect this man to rehabilitate himself locked up in jail for 105 years? What they should do is sentence him to go to rehab for sex addicts for a period of 2 years and then re-evaluate him after that. Jail is not going to help him, especially with all the sick psychos in there. You know for sure they are going to dump him with the sex addict population so he will eventually become some dude's wife or get killed.

#22 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:55

I must be using the Internet wrong. The women always give me a virtual slap when I ask them to take off their clothes.

#23 +LogicalApex

LogicalApex

Software Engineer

• 6,511 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:20

He obviously doesnt want to pay for anything otherwise he'd of bought the photos lol

Therein lies the confusion. The Internet is bursting at its seems with naked girls online in pretty much every possible way... And there is a serious amount freely viewable if a person is interested. Basically, nudity online is abundantly available at all price points from free to mega rich.

Makes me say there is something else at play in this mans mind. 105 years in jail is excessive and won't help him. Whatever problem he has is mental and needs to be dealt with as such. What the girls went through wasn't good at all, but it is a great deal less traumatizing than rape. I'm confident that imprisonment would only turn him into a rapist or worse; if he is ever released. As he'll be surrounded by sex crimes offenders who will train him.

#24 Rohdekill

Rohdekill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,648 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:41

Why is it every time we get a story where someone was sentenced for a large number of years, people seem to think it is excessive?

If the penalty for breaking law A is 1 year and you break the same law over and over, at different intervals of time, then you get counts per penalty. He broke into HUNDREDS of accounts. Thus 105 counts of breaking law A, at 1 year per count, is 105 years.

People somehow like to compare this to 20 years for manslaughter. Well, that is 20 years for ONE count of manslaughter. If you want to make a proper comparison, you would have to compare 105 years for 105 counts of hacking compared to 2,100 years for 105 counts of manslaughter.

Not so extreme anymore, now is it?

#25 Colin McGregor

Colin McGregor

Neowinian Senior

• 1,704 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Ativ S WP8

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:58

Therein lies the confusion. The Internet is bursting at its seems with naked girls online in pretty much every possible way... And there is a serious amount freely viewable if a person is interested. Basically, nudity online is abundantly available at all price points from free to mega rich.

Makes me say there is something else at play in this mans mind. 105 years in jail is excessive and won't help him. Whatever problem he has is mental and needs to be dealt with as such. What the girls went through wasn't good at all, but it is a great deal less traumatizing than rape. I'm confident that imprisonment would only turn him into a rapist or worse; if he is ever released. As he'll be surrounded by sex crimes offenders who will train him.

It probably wasn't the girls being naked. Like you said he can just jump on bing and type naked girls. He obviously gets off on the control, the power of making woman do what he wants. Theres a lot of sick freaks out there and im glad he got 105 years. Good riddance.

#26 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,242 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:25

Why is it every time we get a story where someone was sentenced for a large number of years, people seem to think it is excessive?

If the penalty for breaking law A is 1 year and you break the same law over and over, at different intervals of time, then you get counts per penalty. He broke into HUNDREDS of accounts. Thus 105 counts of breaking law A, at 1 year per count, is 105 years.

People somehow like to compare this to 20 years for manslaughter. Well, that is 20 years for ONE count of manslaughter. If you want to make a proper comparison, you would have to compare 105 years for 105 counts of hacking compared to 2,100 years for 105 counts of manslaughter.

Not so extreme anymore, now is it?

Incidentally Norway and other countries with lower crime rates and compared to America practically zero relate criminals after jail/rehabilitation, allows parallel and not consecutive sentencing.

After all if your rehabilitating someone, it doesn't make sense to rehabilitate him 105 times for the same thing.

#27 Rohdekill

Rohdekill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,648 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 13:45

Incidentally Norway and other countries with lower crime rates and compared to America practically zero relate criminals after jail/rehabilitation, allows parallel and not consecutive sentencing.

After all if your rehabilitating someone, it doesn't make sense to rehabilitate him 105 times for the same thing.

At 105 years, we don't need bother with rehabilitation. And, he will never be a statistic of an ex con going back to prison. The only statistic he will be is a headstone.

#28 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 27,227 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 16:09

Him : You are my friend, I can't send you audio or video, but I can just watch, so please take off all your cloths and get naked for me
Them: Ok

If you are going to take naked pictures of yourself please keep them in a trucrypt container and not on social media websites.

Oh and Pictures or it didn't happen!

#29 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

• 2,721 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 16:43

I do wonder when he can start parole. Seems he could of gotten less if he actually raped a girl instead of blackmailed for some silly nude photos.