Men and women's haircuts must cost the SAME PRICE

It's not like the price of haircuts would drop for women. It would just raise the costs of a man's haircut. The business sure wouldn't pick the lower price and take the hit.

For once I'm glad I live in America where everything is unequal. I get my haircut for $10. My wife pays $50.

Wow -- that's $40 of pizza that you're missing out on. :p

this is fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooking supid people even argue about this. WTH is wrong with the human race now-a-days???

Bigger things to worry about than a price of a freaking haircut...

:argh:

Easy solution, RAISE the price for everyone, then watch all the men go nuts and watch the courts step back.

Bottom line, time is money. I know in my business I bill based on time, not some imaginary unit of measure. Things aren't always equal, and this has NOTHING to do with gender equality. If this was an issue about women and men getting paid equally for a specific job that's obviously supposed to be equal, but paying the same for something that requires more work for one or the other? No.

Or get rid of the problem completely, don't cut hair based on a set price, bill it by the time it takes, then noone can bitch.

This isn't forcing all haircuts to be the same price.

It just says that you can't charge someone X because they're a man and Y because they're a woman. The solution, like you say, is to charge by time and products used, not by gender.

I think the title of the thread is kinda misleading.

• Like 1

I think there is also a difference between a hair stylist and a barber shop. I've never seen a woman having her hair cut in a barber shop.

You want to go to a fancy arsed stylist, be prepared to pay for the service you get. Prices should be equal.

I'm fairly certain my barber wouldn't charge an arm and a leg for a woman to get her hair cut there.

Okay, so what about a guy with long hair? Or a girl with short hair?

Shouldn't it be based on the actual hair - not just the gender?

That's exactly the point of the ruling. Price the haircut based on the service provided, not the gender of the customer.