Mechanical Keyboards

eading more about the Logitech G710+ there seems to be problems with the LED's not working correctly, why arn't quality products built anymore :( whether it be ovens to keyboards bahhhh!!

With logitech you still have warranty, but that led thing is said by *I think* people who want to discredit the keyboard, same thing was said about the k90.

So I have the Corsair k90 and love it. It uses red switches as pointed out a few times in here which for me, don't really suit me that well due to me not doing a lot of gaming (in fact only once a month or so). I generally do a lot of typing and I wouldn't say the k90 was great for that.

I was going to change to a das keyboard because they have blue switches and I was told that they're significantly better for typing. I ended up sticking with the k90 because the build quality is SUPERB. The fact it has a metal backplate impressed me.. oh and because I have a corsair, mouse, mousepad and headset...

If someone here has experience with the K90 and Das keyboard I'd love to hear your thoughts on both comparatively.

Speaking of the sticky key problem on K90 keyboards, I didn't have this happen on my K60 until just now. Hopefully this isn't something that reoccurs frequently.

Logitech uses red switches too, and has also a volume knob like de k90 (same form) has less macro keys but the whole keyboard is mechanical, I think it should make even less noise because it has not aluminium cover as the k90 (that was a very tempting keyboard before my k90 indeed) but it costs a bit more.

The Logitech G710+ actually uses Cherry Brown switches. Typing on the G710+ is also quieter as it has dampening rubber rings on all the keys to soften them. The aluminium shroud on the K90/K60 shouldn't affect sound at all.

I'm leaning towards the G710+ but everywhere seems to be sold out, is it even released in UK?

PC World/Currys has them in stock, cheapest price I've seen too. ?129.99.

eading more about the Logitech G710+ there seems to be problems with the LED's not working correctly, why arn't quality products built anymore :( whether it be ovens to keyboards bahhhh!!

Also read about these issues before I purchased a G710+ but I'm a couple of days short of a month of ownership and noticed no such issues. I decided to purchase anyway because I knew that if I had an issue, I could contact Logitech's legendary customer support.

I've previously owned an QPAD MK-85 Pro which I'd had for around 3 months-ish and then the keyboard experienced some issues. Lighting would flash on and off and the keyboard would randomly disappear from windows and then reappear. Contacting QPAD and after 10 days they finally responded by telling me they knew about the issue (couldn't tell me whether it would happen again) and I should take it back to the retailer. Not the best customer support experience I've had personally. It got returned to Amazon and refunded.

So far the G710+ is the best I've owned. I also own a *Filco Majestouch NKR, Linear Action Keyboard* which uses Cherry Blacks. After trying out Blacks/Reds/Browns, so far I prefer the browns.