What do you guys think about this?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 Emon

Emon

/dev/null

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:01

I recently bought this case for the box I built for my girl friend. Well built, really nice case.

#32 Salutary7

Salutary7

Neowinian

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:03

Generally, I've heard good things about Coolermaster lately, so I would personally go with that brand. But they also have a ton of newer models out... just my personal preference, but I'd probably choose something from here for that price range:

#33 OP C-Squarez

C-Squarez

ARE YOU IN THAT MOOD YET?!?!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:15

Generally, I've heard good things about Coolermaster lately, so I would personally go with that brand. But they also have a ton of newer models out... just my personal preference, but I'd probably choose something from here for that price range:

Those are some awesome choices. I want an all black case but I'm flexible and those look good. Thanks.

#34 Emon

Emon

/dev/null

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:17

Thanks for Coolermaster recommendation! I am thinking of getting the following for myself:

#35 Luc2k

Luc2k

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:20

I'm quite partial to Fractal Design cases right now. I love the monolithic look and they have a lot of good features.

It's almost double the going price of the Antec, but it's well worth it since cases don't get changed all that often. Anyway, the Define R4 is the one I'm talking about (there's other colour schemes, or without a window). I have the Arc Midi Tower, which is basically the same case with an extra fan, without sound dampening and a cheaper front. The R4 is not available in my country unfortunately.

#36 OP C-Squarez

C-Squarez

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:26

I'm quite partial to Fractal Design cases right now. I love the monolithic look and they have a lot of good features.

It's almost double the going price of the Antec, but it's well worth it since cases don't get changed all that often. Anyway, the Define R4 is the one I'm talking about (there's other colour schemes, or without a window). I have the Arc Midi Tower, which is basically the same case with an extra fan, without sound dampening and a cheaper front. The R4 is not available in my country unfortunately.

Dude WHY did you show me that R4? WHY?!?!?!? Jesus. Now I'm on the fence. I need it with no window. Man... Lol

#37 Luc2k

Luc2k

Neowinian

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:29

Dude WHY did you show me that R4? WHY?!?!?!? Jesus. Now I'm on the fence. I need it with no window. Man... Lol

Haha, sorry. :D

#38 Emon

Emon

/dev/null

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:31

If you like R4 then you might also like this one by Lian Li. I had a Lian Li case and they make awesome cases.

#39 OP C-Squarez

C-Squarez

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:39

If you like R4 then you might also like this one by Lian Li. I had a Lian Li case and they make awesome cases.

That is around the range I want to stay as far as price. That Define R4 is something serious and I love it but that price is a bit more than I would LIKE to spend. Can I afford it, yes. But do I want to spend more** on a case than I did a processor? Not sure about that. But I still want the damn thing to be honest. It's an amazing case with great reviews all across the web.

#40 Luc2k

Luc2k

Neowinian

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:50

Here's 2 bad pictures of my legs (and cable management). I moved the front fan lower after a while because it wasn't very helpful there.

Posted ImagePosted Image

There is a brand that has a decent cheap case, but I don't know if it's available in the US. It's ugly too, but very functional. I'll update this post if nobody posts until I find it.

#41 OP C-Squarez

C-Squarez

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:53

Here's 2 bad pictures of my legs (and cable management). I moved the front fan lower after a while because it wasn't very helpful there.

I'm gonna block you! I found it for about $105 shipped. I think imma just get it. Thanks man I appreciate every damn thing you've said in this thread. It's really helped. How is it as far as cooling? It's obviously silent right?

#42 Luc2k

Luc2k

Neowinian

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:23

I'm gonna block you! I found it for about $105 shipped. I think imma just get it. Thanks man I appreciate every damn thing you've said in this thread. It's really helped. How is it as far as cooling? It's obviously silent right?

Well, mine doesn't have the sound proofing obviously, but it's decent. The fan controller has 3 speeds and I keep it on the second speed when I'm not gaming. When I'm gaming I crank it to 3, and while it's noticeable on idle, it's not a problem once the fun starts. The biggest reason I crank it to 3 is because, if my CPU hits 60 degrees Celsius the crappy stock fan takes off (that thing goes over 5K RPM). I don't know where you keep your case but accessing the fan controller might be a bit tricky (it's the vertical bracket near my right leg in the first pic). I currently have it on my desk, but I plan to move it beneath eventually.

Anyway here's the other case I've mentioned, the Segotep Raynor #1 #2. It's the same case with a different face and should be at most half the price of the R4. Comes in red, green and white if I'm not mistaken. I've installed hardware in two and it's pretty damn good when it comes to features. The look is an acquired taste. Now the hard part for you would be finding it, if that is at all possible.

#43 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:29

Intel does better on benchmarks for media and server stuff. That's two things I do a LOT on this system so that's why I got an Intel.

#44 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:35

I only gots an athlon black dual core :(

#45 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:36

I got an i5 3570K