What do you guys think about this?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#46 OP C-Squarez

C-Squarez

ARE YOU IN THAT MOOD YET?!?!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:44

Well, mine doesn't have the sound proofing obviously, but it's decent. The fan controller has 3 speeds and I keep it on the second speed when I'm not gaming. When I'm gaming I crank it to 3, and while it's noticeable on idle, it's not a problem once the fun starts. The biggest reason I crank it to 3 is because, if my CPU hits 60 degrees Celsius the crappy stock fan takes off (that thing goes over 5K RPM). I don't know where you keep your case but accessing the fan controller might be a bit tricky (it's the vertical bracket near my right leg in the first pic). I currently have it on my desk, but I plan to move it beneath eventually.

Anyway here's the other case I've mentioned, the Segotep Raynor #1 #2. It's the same case with a different face and should be at most half the price of the R4. Comes in red, green and white if I'm not mistaken. I've installed hardware in two and it's pretty damn good when it comes to features. The look is an acquired taste. Now the hard part for you would be finding it, if that is at all possible.

Mine will be under the desk on the printer cart. I'm sold on the case and I'm willing to spend the money but I have this thing that I don't like to spend too much money at once so I'm gonna wait till Thursday or Friday before pulling the trigger. I think the case is worth the money. I'm gonna have the thing for maybe 5-6 more years so I think I should spend on quality parts especially the case.

#47 Luc2k

Luc2k

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:55

Mine will be under the desk on the printer cart. I'm sold on the case and I'm willing to spend the money but I have this thing that I don't like to spend too much money at once so I'm gonna wait till Thursday or Friday before pulling the trigger. I think the case is worth the money. I'm gonna have the thing for maybe 5-6 more years so I think I should spend on quality parts especially the case.

Sure, your money, your call. You may even stick with the old case for a while if it's available and wait for a deal on the R4. I made my biggest upgrade in 2010, from socket A to AM3 and I kept the system in my old case (from 1998!) for another year and a half. I kept the side open at all times because it had no cooling and it was pretty small.

#48 OP C-Squarez

C-Squarez

Posted 06 February 2013 - 17:11

Sure, your money, your call. You may even stick with the old case for a while if it's available and wait for a deal on the R4. I made my biggest upgrade in 2010, from socket A to AM3 and I kept the system in my old case (from 1998!) for another year and a half. I kept the side open at all times because it had no cooling and it was pretty small.

Yeah, woke up this morning and I still want the case. The company sent me a $5 off coupon code so it's under $100 shipped. I'm getting a different CPU cooler for my AMD FX 8150 because I heard the stock one was crap. I might have other questions so thank you in advanced and stay tuned!

#49 tim_s

tim_s

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 06 February 2013 - 17:16

I have always been a fan of Antec - I am using two. Dark Fleet 85 and the Twelve Hundred and both are excellent cases. The Bulldozer runs very hot while gaming and in Florida (being the location mentioned within your profile) I would look to keep that temperature down.

VOTE: Antec

#50 OP C-Squarez

C-Squarez

Posted 06 February 2013 - 17:52

I have always been a fan of Antec - I am using two. Dark Fleet 85 and the Twelve Hundred and both are excellent cases. The Bulldozer runs very hot while gaming and in Florida (being the location mentioned within your profile) I would look to keep that temperature down.

VOTE: Antec

Yeah I think that's why I'm changing the heat sink and fan. Might add a few extra fans as well.

#51 tim_s

tim_s

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 06 February 2013 - 17:57

My wife refuses to up-rate the fan at this time and we live in a cold country, when playing World of Warcraft - I can hear the CPU fan buzzing from the hallway. Clearly the fan in some manner is doing the job as the wife has not encountered a situation where the CPU has actually over-heated but it is louder than my machine playing Crysis 2 on Ultimate.

#52 OP C-Squarez

C-Squarez

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:31

Okay this is pretty much the last question. Given the setup I have, is this a good video card?

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814130795

I have the AMD FX8150 and an AsRock Board and plan on getting this RAM...

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820231460

Or maybe this RAM instead...

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820231314

#53 Luc2k

Luc2k

Neowinian

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:55

Okay this is pretty much the last question. Given the setup I have, is this a good video card?

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814130795

I have the AMD FX8150 and an AsRock Board and plan on getting this RAM...

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820231460

Or maybe this RAM instead...

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820231314

Is this another PC or what happened? Anywho, GPU, go for the cheapest 7750 DDR5 that you can find (very important that it's DDR5). As for RAM, cheapest DDR3 1600MHz CL9 1.5V kit of you favourite brand (maybe lifetime warranty if you're into that). RAM frequencies only make a big difference on APUs.

#54 OP C-Squarez

C-Squarez

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:01

Is this another PC or what happened? Anywho, GPU, go for the cheapest 7750 DDR5 that you can find (very important that it's DDR5). As for RAM, cheapest DDR3 1600MHz CL9 1.5V kit of you favourite brand (maybe lifetime warranty if you're into that).

No same PC. Went with the 8150 because it had a $20 off coupon. So instead of $179 I got it for $159. I can always overclock it. The mobo was this one and the exact processor was this one. Just so we are on the same page.

I'm looking up those suggestions now.

#55 Luc2k

Luc2k

Neowinian

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:14

Little correction, so there's no confusion. I meant GDDR5, not DDR5. There is no DDR5, although a XFX card is mislabelled with it.