hdr photography

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#46 OP Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• Phone: Galaxy Note 2

Posted 03 April 2013 - 14:40

You made them form a single RAW file didn't you ? then it's pseudo HDR. technically simple tonemapping. a single RAW while it has far more dynamic range than visible, does not have enough range for a true hdr. True HDR needs 3 exposures, 5 would be better but I doubt you'd need it for most cases.

In any case None of these images no matter how many exposures are HDR pictures, they're all tone mapped pictures. we can't really see HDR pictures as true HDR pictures mean pictures with light range outside of what you can show on the screen, and only have practical use in 3D rendering today as combined backgrounds and soft light sources.

Yes you are right. I did use a single image.

#47 Mulsivaas

Mulsivaas

Neowin is a Windows-Enthusiast Site

• Phone: Sprint HTC Evo 4G (Dream: Lumia 920)

Posted 03 April 2013 - 23:38

You made them form a single RAW file didn't you ? then it's pseudo HDR. technically simple tonemapping. a single RAW while it has far more dynamic range than visible, does not have enough range for a true hdr. True HDR needs 3 exposures, 5 would be better but I doubt you'd need it for most cases.

In any case None of these images no matter how many exposures are HDR pictures, they're all tone mapped pictures. we can't really see HDR pictures as true HDR pictures mean pictures with light range outside of what you can show on the screen, and only have practical use in 3D rendering today as combined backgrounds and soft light sources.

This is what I meant, thank you for clarifying.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!