Best tablet for my wife

No way would I get a Kindle HD unless I was bought a ton of stuff on Amazon/books. Just get the Nexus 7 for her. It will give her both ANYTHING on the Amazon market, and ANYTHING on the Android market, it will allow her to play games get updates regularly and its the best Android tablet out.

And you can download the Kindle app and view the Kindle books.

I would like to point out that so called "Facebook" games such as Farmville have native Android versions which authenticate via Facebook. You don't play them within a browser but native to the tablet. So you could argue - better!

I would like to point out that so called "Facebook" games such as Farmville have native Android versions which authenticate via Facebook. You don't play them within a browser but native to the tablet. So you could argue - better!

Have you ever tried the Android Farmville app? I did once and it was terrible for me. I found my friend's iOS app much better.

The problem is her favorite game is Farmville 2 which there isn't an android app for, yet.

still not even sure how farmville has a sequel lol

Tax returns aren't till March for this year.

FYI the IRS has already notified me that my tax return will be direct deposited on 2/4/13.

OP, as a suggestion (not knowing your technical skills) -you could find a used Nook Tablet (16GB) and flash it to a Jelly Bean Rom like i did and have not only a nice inexpensive 7" tablet, but a useful eReader at the same time. I added a 32GB SD card to mine ( one of the things I did not like about the kindle & nexus tablets were their lack of external storage options) and now i have 48GBS (roughly) of storage for my movies, books, music etc and it is not bloated with the B&N crap I don't want. I don't really game on it, execpt for Angry birds :p -I use it for when i travel as it beats the heck out fo carryng a laptop or physcial books.

The surface is the only tablet with Flash support but it's way out of her price range. Though frankly most Facebook flash applications will be hit and miss with finger input anyway. Perhaps a chromebook is a better bet than a tablet?

FYI the IRS has already notified me that my tax return will be direct deposited on 2/4/13.

OP, as a suggestion (not knowing your technical skills) -you could find a used Nook Tablet (16GB) and flash it to a Jelly Bean Rom like i did and have not only a nice inexpensive 7" tablet, but a useful eReader at the same time. I added a 32GB SD card to mine ( one of the things I did not like about the kindle & nexus tablets were their lack of external storage options) and now i have 48GBS (roughly) of storage for my movies, books, music etc and it is not bloated with the B&N crap I don't want. I don't really game on it, execpt for Angry birds :p -I use it for when i travel as it beats the heck out fo carryng a laptop or physcial books.

I have 0 knowledge when it comes to these tablets/nooks. The IRS confirmed that our tax return will hit our bank acct on the 6th.