Best tablet for my wife

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 Marshall

Marshall

▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅

• Tech Issues Solved: 7

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:32

The problem is her favorite game is Farmville 2 which there isn't an android app for, yet.

#32 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 13
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 01 February 2013 - 16:52

The problem is her favorite game is Farmville 2 which there isn't an android app for, yet.

still not even sure how farmville has a sequel lol

#33 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 February 2013 - 16:59

Well, we should be getting our tax return in the next week or so now and my wife wants a tablet.

Tax returns aren't till March for this year.

#34 OP Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 February 2013 - 17:19

We will be getting our end of Feb.

#35 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 01 February 2013 - 18:19

For you wife ?

Posted Image

#36 iisbob

iisbob

Neowinian

Posted 03 February 2013 - 20:41

Tax returns aren't till March for this year.

FYI the IRS has already notified me that my tax return will be direct deposited on 2/4/13.

OP, as a suggestion (not knowing your technical skills) -you could find a used Nook Tablet (16GB) and flash it to a Jelly Bean Rom like i did and have not only a nice inexpensive 7" tablet, but a useful eReader at the same time. I added a 32GB SD card to mine ( one of the things I did not like about the kindle & nexus tablets were their lack of external storage options) and now i have 48GBS (roughly) of storage for my movies, books, music etc and it is not bloated with the B&N crap I don't want. I don't really game on it, execpt for Angry birds :p -I use it for when i travel as it beats the heck out fo carryng a laptop or physcial books.

#37 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 03 February 2013 - 20:50

The surface is the only tablet with Flash support but it's way out of her price range. Though frankly most Facebook flash applications will be hit and miss with finger input anyway. Perhaps a chromebook is a better bet than a tablet?

#38 OP Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 February 2013 - 20:54

FYI the IRS has already notified me that my tax return will be direct deposited on 2/4/13.

OP, as a suggestion (not knowing your technical skills) -you could find a used Nook Tablet (16GB) and flash it to a Jelly Bean Rom like i did and have not only a nice inexpensive 7" tablet, but a useful eReader at the same time. I added a 32GB SD card to mine ( one of the things I did not like about the kindle & nexus tablets were their lack of external storage options) and now i have 48GBS (roughly) of storage for my movies, books, music etc and it is not bloated with the B&N crap I don't want. I don't really game on it, execpt for Angry birds :p -I use it for when i travel as it beats the heck out fo carryng a laptop or physcial books.

I have 0 knowledge when it comes to these tablets/nooks. The IRS confirmed that our tax return will hit our bank acct on the 6th.

#39 alphamale

alphamale

Neowinian

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:07

You might want to check the web store in chrome. i saw the farmville there. a chromebook would do nicely if the other games are present.

#40 technician27

technician27

Neowinian

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:55

Goclever tablets will do

Goclever tablets will do