scientists astronauts youtube

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 mudslag

mudslag

I live in your head

• 8,207 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 00:04

So if ONE thing might not be able to be explained, that's enough evidence, for me at least that intelligent life exists. Should be for most scientists but personal opinion gets in the way.

UNexplained or UNidentified in no way equates alien life or "enough" evidence. And NO it should never be the same for ANY scientist, science should NEVER accept something that can't explain for any personal view of an answer. That's basically what you're doing, you can't explain something so you give it an answer that you WANT it to be. A true scientist would never let a personal opinion overrule scientific reasoning.

#17 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,236 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 00:51

Occam's Razor dictates that the theory with the least assumptions is the most likely to be correct. Which is more likely - that somebody mistook what they saw for an alien craft; or that an advanced alien civilization has traveled thousands of light years to fly around our planet undetected and without any attempt at communication? It's one thing to remain open-minded; it's another to believe in something without evidence.

Why is an Alien visit any less likely than some other explanation ?

Just because Earth assumes this or that theory, does not automatically mean that our Science is 100% correct.

The Universe is a very big space, with uncountable millions of worlds and other realities.

Earth isn't the oldest planet either.

There could very well be much older and more advanced Civilizations.

There can be other Dimensions which we don't even begin to understand.

Just because Earth people do not know how to travel vast distances of Space, or travel between dimensions, is no proof that it can not be done.

Humans have quite an ego, assuming that we are the one & only.

I don't know what you accept as evidence, but I personally do not believe that all witnesses are kooks, liars, uneducated.

Not all videos, photographs are faked.

People have witnessed non-Earthly craft and other Intelligent beings.

We are not alone. ;)

#18 mudslag

mudslag

I live in your head

• 8,207 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:40

Why is an Alien visit any less likely than some other explanation ?

Just because Earth assumes this or that theory, does not automatically mean that our Science is 100% correct.

The Universe is a very big space, with uncountable millions of worlds and other realities.

Earth isn't the oldest planet either.

There could very well be much older and more advanced Civilizations.

There can be other Dimensions which we don't even begin to understand.

Just because Earth people do not know how to travel vast distances of Space, or travel between dimensions, is no proof that it can not be done.

Humans have quite an ego, assuming that we are the one & only.

I don't know what you accept as evidence, but I personally do not believe that all witnesses are kooks, liars, uneducated.

Not all videos, photographs are faked.

People have witnessed non-Earthly craft and other Intelligent beings.

We are not alone. ;)

Why can't a catch a leprechaun that will give me a pot of gold and 10k wishes? Why can't I also find a living unicorn Pegasus, Iv looked all over the internet for one and no one is selling them. With all these other dimensions, you would think one would pop into ours at some point. I want answers damn it.

#19 C-Squarez

C-Squarez

ARE YOU IN THAT MOOD YET?!?!

• 5,169 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:36

UNexplained or UNidentified in no way equates alien life or "enough" evidence. And NO it should never be the same for ANY scientist, science should NEVER accept something that can't explain for any personal view of an answer. That's basically what you're doing, you can't explain something so you give it an answer that you WANT it to be. A true scientist would never let a personal opinion overrule scientific reasoning.

And this was the answer I was looking for. Now, I have to disagree with you. If 95% of sightings can be explained, does that mean the 5% never happened? What do you do with those? What scientist, in their right mind, would say intelligent alien life doesn't exist if 5% of sightings from credible people cannot be explained?

Take a look at Nick Pope, who worked for the Ministry of Defense for 21 years. Mr. Pope's job was to advise on the threat posed by other life forms. Why would he have a job like that if they don't think that alien life exists somewhere? For 21 years at that? Then take a look at Carol Rosin who was a part of The Disclosure Project. Look at her credentials and tell me she is crazy. These people are much much much more intelligent than the people on here and they believe that intelligent alien life exists. So why would any of you rule it out? That is what I call making personal opinions get in the way of logic.

Gary McKinnon had access to government computers for 13 months and said he found evidence of UFO's, non-terrestrial officials and zero-point energy. He wasn't trying to sell a book. What did he gain besides headache? Did he waste all 13 months just to trick the American Public? Wiki-Leaks were about to release UFO related documents but was shut down before they could. Why do those documents exist? Just to make fun of "tin-foil hat wearers"? If this stuff is so fake why are they stored on Government computers?

Back to The Disclosure Project. 400 of the most credible witnesses that you can find, say UFO's and alien life exists, are they ALL crazy? I'm not delusional, I don't rely on conspiracy theories, I'm highly logical and this is SIMPLE logic. If someone in a position to know more than me in a specific topic tells me what it is, I believe them. I'm not quoting lunatics, I'm quoting real life scholars and people with unimpeachable credentials but yet and still I'm crazy for believing them? Oh okay.

#20 mudslag

mudslag

I live in your head

• 8,207 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:50

5% of unexplained does not in ANYWAY equate alien life, it ONLY equates UNexplained that's it nothing more. Also labeling someone "credible" is moot if that person can't explain something either.

As for people like Nick Pope, many govs have similar people/groups who draw up plans and scenarios for "what if" type situations. In one of History channels dooms day shows they showed how the gov even has plans for something like Yellowstone erupting. I think you can thank Hollywood and our history of science fiction love for our govs making such plans for the slight event of these "what ifs". We humans tend to scare pretty easily, its easy to be scared over some books and movies and think it's best to have a plan for such a case, plus it makes for good training at some point. Even the UN has a special group who's job it is to work up on what to do with first contact. It's better to have a plan and not need it then not have a plan and need it. If I remember correctly even the military plays out a zombie scenario for how they would handle some kind of strange outbreak that cause people to not be in a normal frame of mind. So the idea is not as far fetched as it first sounds once you start to think logically about it.

When wikileaks got all those leaks, some asked about anything relating to aliens, their reply "sorry but no alien leaks".

Back to The Disclosure Project. 400 of the most credible witnesses that you can find, say UFO's and alien life exists, are they ALL crazy?

Sorry but a few billion people believe in god and such, unless those 400 have actual hard evidence, their word is a meaningful as Harry Potter's.

#21 compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• 8,796 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:41

And this was the answer I was looking for. Now, I have to disagree with you. If 95% of sightings can be explained, does that mean the 5% never happened? What do you do with those? What scientist, in their right mind, would say intelligent alien life doesn't exist if 5% of sightings from credible people cannot be explained?

Wait, what? :s

It doesn't mean 5% didn't happen, it means 5% have no explanation. That is like arguing most stories and claims about haunted houses are debunked, but some haven't been, therefore ghosts exist. That is not a valid form of reasoning.

A scientist, or any logically person, doesn't conclude anything from something unexplained.

Sc(k)epticism isn't about being closed or open minded, or taking a side, it is about having a basic standard which you compare claims against. If claims don't stack-up, that is, can't meet the burden of proof or are unfalsifiable then there is no good reason to put anything faith (confidence) in them.

Meeting an alien species is an entirely exciting idea to me, I would personally love it to be true, but the evidence just simply doesn't exist to support it.

#22 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,844 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:44

Not explained != Proof of aliens

Take a look at Nick Pope, who worked for the Ministry of Defense for 21 years. Mr. Pope's job was to advise on the threat posed by other life forms.

Preparing for the possibility that we encounter alien life is not proof that we have already encountered it.

Then take a look at Carol Rosin who was a part of The Disclosure Project. Look at her credentials and tell me she is crazy. These people are much much much more intelligent than the people on here and they believe that intelligent alien life exists.

Intelligent people are perfectly capable of being wrong, delusional or crazy. There are numerous scientists who believe in religion, for example.

Gary McKinnon had access to government computers for 13 months and said he found evidence of UFO's, non-terrestrial officials and zero-point energy. He wasn't trying to sell a book. What did he gain besides headache?

He has Asperger's syndrome, a condition "characterized by significant difficulties in social interaction, alongside restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests". Oh, and here's another quote from the Wikipedia article:

"Pursuit of specific and narrow areas of interest is one of the most striking features of AS. Individuals with AS may collect volumes of detailed information on a relatively narrow topic such as weather data or star names, without necessarily having a genuine understanding of the broader topic."

So people with AS tend to become obsessed with particular topics without truly understanding them. Your argument is based upon people who have diagnosed mental health issues. Everything you have posted as "evidence" is more easily explained by human nature and common sense.

#23 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,814 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 14:12

Back to The Disclosure Project. 400 of the most credible witnesses that you can find, say UFO's and alien life exists, are they ALL crazy? I'm not delusional, I don't rely on conspiracy theories, I'm highly logical and this is SIMPLE logic. If someone in a position to know more than me in a specific topic tells me what it is, I believe them. I'm not quoting lunatics, I'm quoting real life scholars and people with unimpeachable credentials but yet and still I'm crazy for believing them? Oh okay.

I don't mean to offend you, but you are not being highly logical here.

The Disclosure Project is utter drivel. The fact that they have a shop that sells promotional books, DVDs & new age mysticsm style training courses to contact aliens, should set off alarm bells.

Steven Greer, who runs the Disclosure Project, is a con-artist; a vulture who prays upon the gulible. Many of the witnesses are not credible souces, but known embellishers & outright hoaxers whom have been completely shuned by other UFOlogists.

If you're interested you should read this informative article on the long history of UFO disclosure, and the kind of personalities involved.

http://home.comcast..../disclosure.htm

#24 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,236 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 17:47

^ Where did you get that rubbish ?

Since when has anyone proven that Greer is a 'con artist' ?

Simply because he talks about facts that you don't want to accept ? :laugh: LOL

#25 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,814 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 22:41

^ Where did you get that rubbish ?

Since when has anyone proven that Greer is a 'con artist' ?

Simply because he talks about facts that you don't want to accept ? :laugh: LOL

Oh, there isn't any proof that Greer is a con-artist, at least none I've seen, but I have little doubt he is in this thing for his own finacial gain rather than because he is an avid believer. But that's just what I think.

I am not really surprised you take what Greer says as gospel. You've proven time & time again how suseptible you are to such gobbledygook. I'd be pretty surprised if you actually read the article in the link I posted.

#26 pes2013

pes2013

Neowinian

• 881 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 23:00

Technically, that and everything else is a UFO: A UFO is a Unidentified Flying Object. It isn't alien related or anything.

Planes are UFOs until the control station at airports makes contact with them and tell them what plane they are.

#27 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,236 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 23:38

Oh, there isn't any proof that Greer is a con-artist, at least none I've seen, but I have little doubt he is in this thing for his own finacial gain rather than because he is an avid believer. But that's just what I think.

I am not really surprised you take what Greer says as gospel. You've proven time & time again how suseptible you are to such gobbledygook. I'd be pretty surprised if you actually read the article in the link I posted.

You make a lot of false assumptions.

I take nothing as gospel, including the posts of the armchair 'experts' on here.

I don't jump to the conclusion that every strange object or bright light is from another world.

And I don't simply accept any pronouncements by Science that would have you believe that something is impossible.

I don't ignore the real life experiences of credible witnesses, simply because it casts doubts on what we are told is true.

I choose to think for myself.

#28 mudslag

mudslag

I live in your head

• 8,207 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 23:55

You make a lot of false assumptions.

I take nothing as gospel, including the posts of the armchair 'experts' on here.

I don't jump to the conclusion that every strange object or bright light is from another world.

And I don't simply accept any pronouncements by Science that would have you believe that something is impossible.

I don't ignore the real life experiences of credible witnesses, simply because it casts doubts on what we are told is true.

I choose to think for myself.

That doesn't stop you from making assertions that we have been visited among other notions you have stated. Also who defines who is credible? When did being credible mean that the lack of actual evidence is made up by one's word alone? One thing that NO ONE credibile or not has EVER been able to provide is actual hard evidence. Some object, being or thing that can be viewed, tested, studied that says "it" without a doubt is and can be proven to be not of this Earth. Til then being credible doesn't make their word any more legit then the nut in the padded room.

#29 francescob

francescob

Neowinian Senior

• 2,239 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 00:27

It's like the Cydonia region on Mars which people thought had a face on it and proved E.T. or Martians were there. Turns out it was just another case of pareidolia.

Wait until they find the ass on the other side! I want to believe! :alien:

#30 freak180

freak180

Mr. GreatDisaster

• 2,328 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 00:38

I seen a UFO on dec 21. in Philly. There were a lot of reports of sightings which I found out later that month on that day. I didnt assume it was a freaking alien. It looked unrealistic since I'm use to seeing them in vids on YouTube.