Netflix "Unlocked" this weekend on Xbox

xbox live netflix superbowl hulu plus

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Bizkit

Bizkit

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 February 2013 - 21:48

I'm watching House of Cards on Xbox right now. The interface looked amazing, but its laggy as crap. PS3 interface doesn't look as nice, but atleast there isnt any lag. Both are better then the Apple TV, thats for sure.

#17 +metal_dragen

metal_dragen

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:08

I pay for Gold and a Netflix subscription.

It seems to me this free weekend was poorly implemented. I've been watching Netflix on my Xbox for going on 3 years now and have never had issues with it.

Since Friday however, about every 4 hours, I'd try to start another episode of the TV series I was watching (Bones) and get an error that it couldn't start playback. This happened throughout the weekend.

They must have had more demand than they planned. Which is good for them, but annoying for me as a longtime paying customer.

#18 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 04 February 2013 - 16:08

I pay for Gold and a Netflix subscription.

It seems to me this free weekend was poorly implemented. I've been watching Netflix on my Xbox for going on 3 years now and have never had issues with it.

Since Friday however, about every 4 hours, I'd try to start another episode of the TV series I was watching (Bones) and get an error that it couldn't start playback. This happened throughout the weekend.

They must have had more demand than they planned. Which is good for them, but annoying for me as a longtime paying customer.

This is why I said that I think it was as much of a test of the service as it was a nice PR move. It should give them a clearer picture of how much demand is out there if people didn't have to pay twice.

#19 ]SK[

]SK[

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 04 February 2013 - 16:18

I didn't get chance to try it on the Xbox but used NetFlix on the PS3. I didn't have any connectivity issues.

#20 williambjacobs

williambjacobs

Neowinian

Posted 25 February 2013 - 16:58

I used my Xbox 360 to watch Netflix several months ago and it didn't require a gold membership...maybe the policy changes recently? But my experience was my DVD player worked better than Xbox when I watched TV shows on Netflix,

#21 +metal_dragen

metal_dragen

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:06

I used my Xbox 360 to watch Netflix several months ago and it didn't require a gold membership...maybe the policy changes recently? But my experience was my DVD player worked better than Xbox when I watched TV shows on Netflix,

They regularly run "free" Gold weekends where you can access Gold features and services for free for a short time. Since Netflix debuted on Xbox Live, it's always been a Gold-tier feature.

I've never had an issue watching Netflix through the Xbox until this free weekend (and a few days after). It would randomly tell me that the content was unavailable. I would retry a few times and it would eventually start playing, but it was annoying to say the least, since I've been a Gold sub for over 3 years and a Netflix sub for over 4.