Simplex for Windows 8

Hello Neowin.net members, I am proud to introduce a new theme for Windows 8, Simplex. This theme is design to be very minimalistic. Check it out:

simplexpreview3.png

download.png

Before you say anything, this theme is a work in progress! There are many issues with it, but I will hopefully solve these soon.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

Theme requires

UXStyle or UXTheme

• Like 3

Updated to Alpha now. Several fixes has been made including:

-Taskbar thumbnail fixed. They are no longer unbearably crystal clear transparent

-Tool windows fixed. They no longer have a buggy transparent border.

Why make the window widgets identical little circles so you can tell the, apart, that's not mini aims, that's just no user friendly.

Nice enough theme, but it kind of ruins it for me, you should instead make the widgets in the same style as they are now, but in the shape of plus, minus and such.

Why make the window widgets identical little circles so you can tell the, apart, that's not mini aims, that's just no user friendly.

Nice enough theme, but it kind of ruins it for me, you should instead make the widgets in the same style as they are now, but in the shape of plus, minus and such.

"widgets"?

Anyway, I think they look good, and anybody that has been using Windows for more than 5 minutes should know what those buttons do by now. I do think their placement is a little off, though.

I thought having chromed buttons on my xbox 360 control pad would cause me problems, seeing as they all look identical now. Turns out it's not a problem at all. Not even for next doors 7 year old kid.

In fact it has stopped my silly habit of looking down at the controller when learning the buttons of a new game, or one I haven't played for ages, and forced me to use my memory. Surprise, surprise, it works! Who knew?

I just tried to copy the installer to my NAS drive for installing on the laptop later and it told me

"The properties of this file can not be copied, do you want to copy the file without its properties"

"widgets"?

Anyway, I think they look good, and anybody that has been using Windows for more than 5 minutes should know what those buttons do by now. I do think their placement is a little off, though.

I thought having chromed buttons on my xbox 360 control pad would cause me problems, seeing as they all look identical now. Turns out it's not a problem at all. Not even for next doors 7 year old kid.

In fact it has stopped my silly habit of looking down at the controller when learning the buttons of a new game, or one I haven't played for ages, and forced me to use my memory. Surprise, surprise, it works! Who knew?

Well, the idea of the theme is to be minimal :) Yes, the buttons are not exactly in the right places, but I'll have that fix in a jiffy.

Are you using this for Aero Glass effect?

upeZzJq.png

No, I'm using winaeroglass. The DWM Hook tool is only for testing and has a CMD dialog I'm sure no one wants to see.

Widgets? What Widgets? I tried the plus minus and all of that, but it takes away from the minimalism of the theme.

I just tried to copy the installer to my NAS drive for installing on the laptop later and it told me

"The properties of this file can not be copied, do you want to copy the file without its properties"

Run as administrator, see if that fixes your problems.

dude, as soon as I can get time to get on my win8 machine, I'm SOOOO doing this!!! Awesome work from what I've seen so far. This is why neowin rocks....because of people like you. Getting excited, can't wait for my day off!!!