A few local photographers who use too many filters.

how bout you quite posting photographs you took last year and post a few new ones :p :shifty:

Well here are some other ones I took. The problem with this chick is she tans and she's as brown as rust.

img3970newmedium.jpg

img4051newmedium.jpg

Uninstall Instagram and stop posting these pictures please.

How did this fad come about? I've seen it for years now... but how did so many get so obsessed with it as it's still the same today across a number of forums. I also really detest what appears or gives me the impression that some people are applying inner shadows. It's always awful. It's like watching somebody discover bevels for the first time or fishbowl TV's. Even Lewis Hamilton is obsessed with Instagram. :/

Is anyone in this thread a pro, or just knowledgeable amateurs?

I'm an ok amateur but nothing more. It's just a hobby for me but I want to seriously take it up. But there's one thing that really bugs me a lot with some people and their DSLR's, they seem to be so obsessed with blur. So much blur that even their ears/edges are blurred rather than the whole subject crystal clear with background blurred.

I've been admiring this guys photography for sometime now. http://www.raymondlin.net/blog/

How did this fad come about? I've seen it for years now... but how did so many get so obsessed with it as it's still the same today across a number of forums. I also really detest what appears or gives me the impression that some people are applying inner shadows. It's always awful. It's like watching somebody discover bevels for the first time or fishbowl TV's. Even Lewis Hamilton is obsessed with Instagram. :/

Lewis Hamilton needs to focus on his tyres, not Instagram.

Inverted shadows... Takes your eyes off the subject so to speak. Feels like neon lights in your peripheral vision.

Well here are some other ones I took. The problem with this chick is she tans and she's as brown as rust.

img3970newmedium.jpg

img4051newmedium.jpg

I'd say you have a bigger problem with a too powerful DOF, makign it seems as if they're shot standing in front of a matte backdrop rather than actually outside.

Photographer #1 : Comments "I LOVE this one!"

903419_454283604649734_1963932714_o.jpg

Holy crap that's pure crap!

Inverted shadows... Takes your eyes off the subject so to speak. Feels like neon lights in your peripheral vision.

Indeed, if you stare long enough, your eyes begin to hurt!

This is a fine job? I have photography students who could laugh at this.

I don't know why photographer #1 made that black and white. It's like she has to do something to EVERY photo she takes. That being said in Photographer #1 standards it's actually a good picture.

7787_469163793161715_429819495_n.jpg

I'd say you have a bigger problem with a too powerful DOF, makign it seems as if they're shot standing in front of a matte backdrop rather than actually outside.

Agree'ed. i'll work on that.

Honestly WarWagon, I think you should focus more on showing off your own good photos instead of showing of other people's bad photography.

Honestly WarWagon, I think you should focus more on showing off your own good photos instead of showing of other people's bad photography.

True, but the thread and thread title isn't focused on my good photography. I would be hijacking my own thread :D

Buuut to hold you over here is one I took of my aunt and uncle, for this posting I did crop the photo.

15591541.jpg

True, but the thread and thread title isn't focused on my good photography. I would be hijacking my own thread :D

Yup, we got a separate thread for that :)

And yeah that last once is at least "decent". I notices you said... "she"... Is this the reason you look at the photos so muc :p /prick

Yup, we got a separate thread for that :)

And yeah that last once is at least "decent". I notices you said... "she"... Is this the reason you look at the photos so muc :p /prick

Because I liked her photography facebook page so all the new ones show up on my newsfeed.

Because I liked her photography facebook page so all the new ones show up on my newsfeed.

You liked the page on the photographer you've been complaining ? hmmm double standards... /me thinks other interests warwagon has.

You liked the page on the photographer you've been complaining ? hmmm double standards... /me thinks other interests warwagon has.

Actually I liked it, before disliking it. But hey the chick might give me a slightly used Samsung Galaxy S3 for $270!

Actually I liked it, before disliking it. But hey the chick might give me a slightly used Samsung Galaxy S3 for $270!

and... ?

The thing about portraits is always the skin tone. Worry about filter effects later. Skin tone first.

Only amateur photographer puts filter effect first.

I don't know why photographer #1 made that black and white. It's like she has to do something to EVERY photo she takes. That being said in Photographer #1 standards it's actually a good picture.

7787_469163793161715_429819495_n.jpg

Geez, change the clothes.

It is kind of sad how everyone these days is a "Photographer". It's so easy for someone to buy a DSLR and buy photoshop, offer crappy work and steal the jobs from those of us who have put out effort. I'm all for Photography being taken out of schools.

It is kind of sad how everyone these days is a "Photographer". It's so easy for someone to buy a DSLR and buy photoshop, offer crappy work and steal the jobs from those of us who have put out effort. I'm all for Photography being taken out of schools.

Actually the sad part is nobody is educated enough in Arts to identify good pictures from bad ones. That's exactly why instagram filter galore pictures are so popular.

Everyone just look at the colors and say "wow that's a great picture".

Same goes for musicians and painters.

Well at least with the new photoshop CC it will get harder, but then again, I don't think these effects were added with photoshop.

Well at least with the new photoshop CC it will get harder, but then again, I don't think these effects were added with photoshop.

With more and more camera manufacturers start to add in-camera filters, I guess that's the future of photographing eh.

She told me one time that the cost to the one of her "Clients" was $150. :|

She told me one time that the cost to the one of her "Clients" was $150. :|

Holy crap, does she at least include a BJ? if not what a ripoff!

• Like 1