Why is it getting harder to find a wired mouse?

For wired mice, the G500 is currently my top choice, although the mx518 may be tied. The G400 has the same shape and feel as the mx518, but it the G400 has a cheap skinny cord :(

For wireless the G700 is what I went with.

Because they're pointless. I have a Logitech rechargeable MX Revolution (current replacement is Performance Mouse MX) and I Just drop it in its cradle when I'm done with it. It'll go multiple weeks without recharges, but I just drop it in and never worry about battery levels. Cords are so annoying.

A lot of high end wireless Mice have a Micro-USB port on them so you can easily attach a cable.

There are good wireless mice that only need battery change every 2 years or so. Other than gaming why get wired?

I actually downgraded to a Logitech G400 from a Performance MX. I really loved the Performance MX but it only got about 3 days on a battery charge. Yes, I can run it with the USB cable plugged in but that kinda defeated the purpose of the 'wireless' part. The 30 day battery claim isnt even close and the Logitech forums are packed full of unhappy Perf MX users like myself.

I actually downgraded to a Logitech G400 from a Performance MX. I really loved the Performance MX but it only got about 3 days on a battery charge. Yes, I can run it with the USB cable plugged in but that kinda defeated the purpose of the 'wireless' part. The 30 day battery claim isnt even close and the Logitech forums are packed full of unhappy Perf MX users like myself.

Seems odd the solution to poor battery performance was to buy a wired mouse instead of just plugging the mouse you had in at night, but what do I know.

I mean, expecting (or advertising) 30 days out of a "performance" mouse of any kind is a bit silly. A decent mouse should be able to go a few days though, even my G700 can do that at the highest polling rate.

My old wireless keyboard/mouse combo had the cradle. Loved it. Dropped it in every few days before I went to bed, never had a problem. When I was forced to upgrade due to a different issue, I made sure the mouse either had a cradle (which apparently they don't really do anymore from what I can see) or a USB cable. My mouse goes on the cable maybe once ever couple of weeks before bed and I've not had the change those rechargeable batteries in it yet (going on my second year with this set).

Not sure why anyone would want/need a wired mouse in this day and age, but to each their own I guess. I game and do extensive graphics work with my mouse. Never had any issues.

I'm all for wireless mouse if they were battery-less. But they're not and it's annoying having to replace/buy batteries every month.

If they use an odd battery type, I can see the annoyance part.

My Logitech V220 uses the same battery type as my keyboard (Microsoft Wireless 6000 V.3) and most of our remotes - AA. Therefore, we buy batteries in bulk (ten-packs and larger).

I'm all for wireless mouse if they were battery-less. But they're not and it's annoying having to replace/buy batteries every month.

My old wireless keyboard/mouse combo had the cradle. Loved it. Dropped it in every few days before I went to bed, never had a problem. When I was forced to upgrade due to a different issue, I made sure the mouse either had a cradle (which apparently they don't really do anymore from what I can see) or a USB cable. My mouse goes on the cable maybe once ever couple of weeks before bed and I've not had the change those rechargeable batteries in it yet (going on my second year with this set).

Not sure why anyone would want/need a wired mouse in this day and age, but to each their own I guess. I game and do extensive graphics work with my mouse. Never had any issues.

what mouse/kb did you use?

I love my wireless mouse. I would never go wired again. But if I did, Amazon would have me covered. They have everything.

I know what you mean. I buy off Amazon and Ebay mostly for things I want at a good price.

what mouse/kb did you use?

I had the Logitech MX3000 set. Was my favorite. I now use the Logitech Desktop Wave. I definitely gravitate towards Logitech. I find them to be fairly high quality products.

Looks like a nice keyboard. I do like my Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000 wired keyboard though.... one of the rare few wired ones that was ergo and low profile. I need low profile ones for how my desk is. I have enough room for it and my Logitech G700 to freely roam. I highly recommend that keyboard for typing but it can be wierd for gaming. It took me 2 hours to get used to it in Skyrim I still kinda have issues with using it for gaming, however I do love how the feel is for some games. It's really freaking cheap too. I paid only 20 at OfficeDepot.

Cuz mouse makers think that wireless is more popular and 'cool'.

Truth is, a mouse is primitive and outdated.

Yeah I agree with that.

I love my Logitech wireless touchpad. (Still thinkin of buying the newer rechargeable wireless touchpad)

Much more functionality with a touchpad and more comfortable than a mouse.

Hello,

The reason the retail store probably carries a larger selection of wireless mouse is that it can charge a higher price point for them and thus make more money on the sale.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I love my wired mouse. I have gone through about 3 wireless mice (2 for laptops) and I find that wireless mice are just not accurate enough. Aside from gaming, I use Phtoshop a little bit and sometimes I need to be accurate within a pixel or 2. For precision and accuracy they are really incompetent, but for every day use it may not be not noticeable,. And despite the speed of wireless these days, they still do lag, even if it's for a fraction of a second.

Wired mice all the way for me

Seems odd the solution to poor battery performance was to buy a wired mouse instead of just plugging the mouse you had in at night, but what do I know.

I mean, expecting (or advertising) 30 days out of a "performance" mouse of any kind is a bit silly. A decent mouse should be able to go a few days though, even my G700 can do that at the highest polling rate.

the MX can do 30 days easy. the problem was that a lot of MX mice where shipped with crappy batteries, Logitechs supplier gave them batteries that had lower maH and in general sucked, so some people got the good batteries and some got the bad. the bad ones also charged bad, so for those with replaceable Lithoum batteries logitech would send replacements, for those with non replaceable batteries logitech just replaced the mouse, and for those with regular NiCd rechargeables they sent replacements, despite the problem with these often being user fault for charging wrong. Not doing the long first time charge, and "spot" charging them instead of waiting for the battery to get low before recharging and semi regularly let the batteries drain completely or nearly so.

• Like 1

I used a wireless mouse/keyboard for a while, but they had so many issues that I ended up returning them. I just don't see much reason to use a wireless one over a wired one (It'll cost more and it needs charging), it's not like I'll be taking the mouse around the house with me, etc.

And I fail to see how being able to use it via a cable is apparently a benefit to a wireless mouse, that just makes it a more expensive wired one.

I love my wired mouse. I have gone through about 3 wireless mice (2 for laptops) and I find that wireless mice are just not accurate enough. Aside from gaming, I use Phtoshop a little bit and sometimes I need to be accurate within a pixel or 2. For precision and accuracy they are really incompetent, but for every day use it may not be not noticeable,. And despite the speed of wireless these days, they still do lag, even if it's for a fraction of a second.

Wired mice all the way for me

ummm, accuracy is the same on wired or wirless unless you have a LOT of RF noise on the WHOLE 2.4 specter, which seem unlikely, as for lag, yeah wireless mouse do still lag, pretty much exactly as much as a wired mouse does.

what you need for pixel perfect job is a high dpi mouse, not a wired one, which incidentally puts you in gaming mouse territory like the G700. One would think you'd rather use a decently sized tablet for photoshop editing though.

I used a wireless mouse/keyboard for a while, but they had so many issues that I ended up returning them. I just don't see much reason to use a wireless one over a wired one (It'll cost more and it needs charging), it's not like I'll be taking the mouse around the house with me, etc.

And I fail to see how being able to use it via a cable is apparently a benefit to a wireless mouse, that just makes it a more expensive wired one.

Because wired mice don't have that annoying wire that tangles up and gets in the way and makes the front lag by dragging around. and then the cable fall down and you can't pull the mouse enough towards you and... just countless wire annoyances.

as for the wire, you use it just to charge, BUT if you forget to charge and you use a game wireless mouse like the G700, at high polling high data transfer high USB speed gamer settings, and you forget to charge it over night, then it's nice to be able to just plug in the cable and still be able to play on in an out of battery emergency. but just plugging in every night prevents that.

I really loved the Performance MX but it only got about 3 days on a battery charge. the Logitech forums are packed full of unhappy Perf MX users like myself.

Either you guys are 24 hours a day on a PC (which is not good; Go outside, work or something) or your mouse is broken. I have a Performance MX. And from Friday to Monday, Im about it the whole day and part of the the long night and the bar doesn't even go down. It may go down ONE bar on Tuesday but that's about it...This mouse is VERY long lasting.

Having said that, I still preferred my old Revolution MX

My problem with wireless mice is that afaik AES encryption only gets applied to the keyboard connection and the mouse movements are sent unencrypted.

Another paranoid security freak.....

For someone to sniff the connection they would have to be near the client (mouse) and the server (receptor) as far as I know, usually people use their PCs from a arms distance. If someone was sniffing you, YOU WOULD ****ING SEE THEM.......If you don't, you just deserve to be sniffed.

Its nothing against you primexx but there are too many people obsessed with security issues when out of the box and using some common sense, most are avoidable (like this one)

You don't see the benefit of using a wireless keyboard/mouse? Lol You're trolling right?