Google Now Voice has changed

Last time i used google now there was a female voice, but now its changed to a male voice without my doing anything, is there anyway to change it back?

Has anyone else encountered this?

thanks

Nope, but I think the different languages have different voices. Maybe your language changed? I could be completely wrong about that though cause I've never changed my language but I thought I heard someone say that before.

Off topic a bit, but does Google Voice recognition work well for others? For me it's useless, doesn't understand anything I say. With such a great os I'm surprised it's in there with how bad it works. May be my UK voice not working as well as american recognition..

Off topic a bit, but does Google Voice recognition work well for others? For me it's useless, doesn't understand anything I say. With such a great os I'm surprised it's in there with how bad it works. May be my UK voice not working as well as american recognition..

What accent do you have? When I had iPhones Siri wouldnt understand a word I said despite me having quite a posh accent. Google Now understands me perfectly.

not changed a thing, its the same on my nexus 4 and my nexus 7 tablet as well

Weird, not sure then. Mine is still the same as always.

I suspect they still need to tweak foreign accents. I pretty much have no accent at all to most people in the US (not particularly southern or northern or anything), and Google Now's voice recognition is spot on for me. It's surprising how well it works actually. I can only imagine it will get better for others in time. English has a massive amount of different accents depending on where you're from, so it's probably one of the hardest to get perfect.

I don't really have an accent, no twang for example lol..

It's annoying because it used to work better when it first came out, now on my n4 it's a bit ****.

I probably wouldn't use it much anyway until it's faster to use, for example to send a text you have to swipe up to get to google now, then press the record button, then "send a text to 'name' 'message content', then click send when it pops up the message anyway. It'd be nice if it could detect that you're talking to it, then recognise 'send' instead of clicking to send.

^ Instead of tapping the record button you can just say "Google". But yeah it would be nice to be able to say "send" to send the message.

Nice! Didn't know that

Privacy would become the central issue if it was listening to everything you said. i guess the safe word google means its safe to listen. android is so worth not becoming paranoid. all the tapping, touch and swipe is more work and slower than just speaking to the device.