georgia spanking belt

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16 JaredFrost

JaredFrost

Neowinian

• 1,342 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 18:03

Spend some time in Detroit and then try saying that again.

With a straight face.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying, unless you're saying Detroit is the pillar of civilised behaviour, one to which
the rest of the US, nay THE WORLD should strive to :shifty:

#17 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,127 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 03 February 2013 - 18:38

Makes you wonder why the kid was left to roam freely around the store and why a stranger had to do more parenting then the parents. The boys father, instead of calling the police, should have thanked the woman.

Assaulting a child with a belt is not parenting, especially when done by a complete stranger. I was smacked as a child and I think it's a perfectly acceptable form of discipline - however, it should only be administered by family members and I strongly oppose the use of physical implements (i.e. a belt). I would have involved the police if that had happened to a child of mine.

#18 jjkusaf

jjkusaf

Deadhead

• 1,072 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 18:48

Assaulting a child with a belt is not parenting, especially when done by a complete stranger. I was smacked as a child and I think it's a perfectly acceptable form of discipline - however, it should only be administered by family members and I strongly oppose the use of physical implements (i.e. a belt). I would have involved the police if that had happened to a child of mine.

Maybe the parents should have been parenting instead of letting their child roam free throwing items at adults.

Though I do agree with you that parenting should come from the parents...this is a prime example where the parents didn't have control over their kid and are as much at fault as the clerk.

#19 freak180

freak180

Mr. GreatDisaster

• 2,156 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 18:51

Well excuse me that people in the US dont following your parenting skills. Honestly parents spank their children less now in days and we see the results of that now...

#20 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,127 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 18:52

Well excuse me that people in the US dont following your parenting skills.

What does this have to do with nationality? This behaviour is clearly deemed inappropriate in the US too, as otherwise the police wouldn't have been involved.

#21 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 5,927 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 03 February 2013 - 18:54

I was spanked as a child, and I'm glad to see my little brothers are still being spanked. However a complete stranger shouldn't do it.

#22 jordanspringer

jordanspringer

Springster

• 841 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 18:55

I don't see anything wrong with this child being spanked with a belt.

#23 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,354 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 03 February 2013 - 19:38

Maybe the parents should have been parenting instead of letting their child roam free throwing items at adults.

Though I do agree with you that parenting should come from the parents...this is a prime example where the parents didn't have control over their kid and are as much at fault as the clerk.

O don't worry. In the USA, parents are never "wrong" with their bratty kids.

This is the usual response from a mom:

http://youtu.be/qcOC64dtXpM?t=4m10s

#24 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:18

Maybe the judge should sentence her to a public whipping so she would know how it felt.

#25 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,127 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:34

Maybe the judge should sentence her to a public whipping so she would know how it felt.

This. If you're allowed to smack a stranger's child with a belt then you must be equally entitled to do the same to an adult who steps out of line. Somebody swears in public? Better take your belt off and give them a good smack. Somebody bumps into you and makes you spill your coffee? Better take your belt off and give them a good smack. There's simply no way to draw the line, as when does a "spanking" become assault? You just end up with anarchy. I honestly don't see how anyone could think this was appropriate.

#26 CuriousC@

CuriousC@

Neowinian

• 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 22:06

What kind of cookie was it?

#27 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 22:12

It is the job of parents to discipline their children, not strangers.

No its not, its the governments job. Haven't you paid attention to the news lately? Disciplining your child is practically against the law in the US. The only people that can possibly raise our children right is the government. /s

There's simply no way to draw the line, as when does a "spanking" become assault?

The line is well defined in law. Touch the child and its assault. There is no grey area.

#28 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 00:57

No its not, its the governments job. Haven't you paid attention to the news lately? Disciplining your child is practically against the law in the US. The only people that can possibly raise our children right is the government. /s

As they say, it takes a village.

#29 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,311 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 20:40

It is the job of parents to discipline their children, not strangers - even then it should never be done with an implement like a belt. I don't think she'd appreciate somebody disciplining her for stepping out of line. Some people shouldn't be allowed out in public.

If more kids were spanked with belts, we'd have a lot less disrespectful screaming ****ers running around.

#30 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,127 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 22:35

If more kids were spanked with belts, we'd have a lot less disrespectful screaming ****ers running around.

It's simply not possible to draw the line between discipline and assault when talking about physical implements like a belt. If you can't get your message across using just your hand then using a belt won't work either and all too often it's used to by the parents to feel powerful rather than doing what's best for their kid. I, like most people in the UK, was never beaten with a belt and I've never been in trouble with the law, nor have I been involved in any fights. Needing to use a belt shows that you've failed as a parent.

Rather than such stone age thinking we should be looking to the real issues - the failings of the education system, a culture that values possessions above deeds, addiction, social deprivation, a lack of upward social mobility, a society fearful of standing up to wrongdoing, a legal system that penalises common sense, etc. The idea that parents beating their children with belts would improve society is frankly ridiculous.