9 posts in this topic

Posted

Surprise, relief, just plain happy says it all for three Upper Dublin High School juniors who recently achieved what many might deem impossible: a perfect score on the SATs. And for two other juniors who scored 2380

Posted

How is this news? A few years ago when I graduated high school, SAT's were based on the 1600 point system, and a few people got close to perfect.

Posted

[quote name='tsupersonic' timestamp='1359982811' post='595500392']
How is this news? A few years ago when I graduated high school, SAT's were based on the 1600 point system, and a few people got close to perfect.
[/quote]Statistically its rare for that many people in a single school to get those scores. Hence, news. Ignoring that, its a local paper reporting it.

Posted

standardized tests are still BS though. to bad they've started using them over here as well. but not or the student, the scores are used to rate the schools not the students. better, but still stupid.

Posted

[quote][color=#363636][font=Helvetica,]The test was

Posted

i only missed one question each on the SAT and ACT. My best friend missed one question on the ACT and has a full score on the SAT.

Posted

Ugh, SATs... My senior year I maintained above a 4.0 GPA for most of the year but only scored 1490 out of 2400 on the SAT. Lol.

Posted

[quote name='HawkMan' timestamp='1359990998' post='595500600']
standardized tests are still BS though. to bad they've started using them over here as well. but not or the student, the scores are used to rate the schools not the students. better, but still stupid.
[/quote]These are used to rate students, not schools. The ACT and SAT are used to assess whether a student is smart enough to go to a particular college. We have other tests for what you are referring to. Both the ACT and SAT are tests that a high schooler takes only if they want to and many times don't even link the students to their high schools for statistical purposes. Adults wanting to return to school years or even decades after graduating high school usually have to take the tests for the same reason.

That being said, your point is still valid of the other tests used to rate schools.

Posted

I bet now they'll be looking at changing the tests up. If something seems too good to be true it usually is.