iOS 6.x.x untethered jailbreak available on Feb. 4 2013

Evasi0n Jailbreak Will Be Available For Download On Monday, February 4 [uPDATE x1]

Release date of the upcoming iOS 6.x untethered jailbreak has just been confirmed by the official Twitter account of the team Evad3rs. It?s coming on Monday, February 4, 2013.

@Evad3rs: Final count down toward tomorrow?s release has begun!

Planetbeing, who is a member of team Evad3rs, also confirmed the release date:

@Planetbeing: Yes, tomorrow is a concrete release date. It?s also the only release date we?ve ever given.

evad3rs.png

Last week, team Evad3rs hinted on the very same Twitter account that such a tool, the first one capable of iPhone 5 jailbreak, would be available on the 4th of January (Super Bowl Sunday), although this has not materialized.

The status bar on the official evasi0n.com site is currently showing 91% progress for ?final testing and preparation,? with next step being ?Release!?.

evasi0n5.png

This jailbreak has been awaited for months, especially among iPhone 5 users who are, so far, absolutely unable to modify the software on their devices. This is the first time that an untethered jailbreak will be available for iOS 6.x, meaning that those users will soon be able to ditch the aging iOS 5 for the newest version of Apple?s mobile operating system.

While Team Evad3rs has kept the details of its new tool way under wraps, partly in order to stop Apple from patching existing vulnerabilities before the tool reaches the general public, some information has been released in the form of micro-announcements throughout the last few months. It is known, for instance, that the new tool will support almost every iOS device (iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini, iPod touch 4, iPod touch 5 and the Apple TV 2). The single exception is the new Apple TV 3, which will not be supported.

If you have an older device (running an A4 processor or older), you can still apply a tethered jailbreak iOS 6.1 on your device using tools such as Redsn0w. You might as well, however, just wait until tomorrow.

We will let you know as soon as Evasi0n is released tomorrow, followed by full how-to tutorials to help you with jailbreaking. Stay tuned!

UPDATE x1: As pointed out by one of our reader, @UK_IT_Guy on Twitter, the status bar on the official Evasi0n website is going up 0.0045% every 30 seconds:

vasi0n.png

By our calculation, it will reach 100% at approximately 9am Pacific Time.

You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the web.

sources:

http://www.redmondpie.com/evasi0n-jailbreak-will-be-available-for-download-on-monday-february-4/
https://twitter.com/planetbeing/status/298230386683674624

the jailbreak will be available for download at:

http://evasi0n.com

Nice! Been waiting for this! :D

I was just wondering though, how do I backup my Cydia apps and tweaks before updating to iOS 6 and then jailbreaking? Currently using iOS 5.1.1 on an iPad 3rd generation.

took them 4 and half month after iOS 6 is released??

they will only get harder to jailbreak in future.

They probably had found the exploit months ago (there are photos that show Cydia installed on iPhone 5s from months ago that have leaked out). Clearly they were specifically waiting until the 6.1 update because historically that has always been the significant one at cleaning out all the bugs from the initial release. Same thing happened with iOS 5. If they released early then Apple would have closed the exploit up in the most significant bug patch.

But, you are probably right that it will "only get harder to jailbreak in the future". It is a cat and mouse game.

If Apple truely wanted to be a pain in the ass for jailbreakers (beyond the cat and mouse game), they could put more detection mechanisms of a jailbreak into iOS in order to lock the user down and mark their iOS device as no longer eligible for warranty support. There are other apps out there that easily detect if a device is jailbroken and then refuse to work (such as the DirecTV app for iOS). It really makes me laugh because these developers are concerned that someone may use a jailbroken iOS device to rip video content... yeah... why the hell would someone use an iPad for that when they can use their PC?

PSA: Probably a good idea to get your 6.1 SHSH Blobs saved even if you do not intend to jailbreak (or are not going to Jailbreak soon).

I suspect we will get a 6.1.1 update after the Jailbreak is released and Apple will stop signing 6.1.0. Don't miss this window of opportunity to download your 6.1 SHSH Blob (use TinyUmbrella, does not require that you are already jailbroken).

• Like 2

agreed with Shadrack, make sure you backup your SHSH Blobs.

Can't wait for the jailbreak to come!! Going to do my iP5 and my iPad Mini.

also yes they have had the ability to jailbreak for a while now, but was waiting for the 6.1 release

It's OUT!!!!!!!

http://evasi0n.com

Is it okay to share the link here?

Jailbreaking iOS and installing Mac OS X on non-Apple hardware are not considered taboo subjects here. Downloading and installing pirated software on any platform are taboo.

I'm at work the rest of the day and can't get to JBing until I get home later this evening. It would really help me if someone would post whether or not the BiteSMS update is iPhone 5 "optimized" (not letterboxed). If not, I may wait to JB until it is.

oh man, so when it comes out, someone post a mirror.. Just found out my work blocks evasi0n.com

Here you are:

Edit: lets try that again

Windows:

SHA1: 2ff288e1798b4711020e9dd7f26480e57704d8b2

Mac OS X:

SHA1: 23f99a0d65e71fd79ff072b227f0ecb176f0ffa8

man, i got jailbroken already but Cydia is getting slammed right now so i can't get anything installed :(

Yep same here.. 500 Errors, everywhere :)

But on the plus side, iPad Mini is now DONE.

man, i got jailbroken already but Cydia is getting slammed right now so i can't get anything installed :(

Eeek! Thanks for the heads up. I was about to JB my iPhone 5 at work during my lunch break but now I think I'll hold off until later this evening. Hopefully things "calm down" by then.

lol hammered eh :p

Well hopefully it should all be calm by the time I get back from work tonight.

soooo ****ed off right now, updated to 6.1, and was ready to restore and do the jailbreak only find itunes has deleted all of my backups, every single sodding one. which is made worse by the fact that windows 8 doesnt have shadow copies automatically enabled like win7. Thankfully i havent lost everything, just my messages and app settings. But seriously come May im jumping ship to galaxy s4, had enough of apple now