Futuremark 3DMark (2013 edition)

Download 3DMark - 3DMark is the 2013 release of a benchmark designed to measure the performance of computer hardware. This version includes three different tests, each designed for a specific type of hardware ranging from smartphones to high-performance gaming PCs. 3DMark works by running intensive graphical and computational tests on your hardware. The more powerful your hardware, the smoother the tests will run. Don't be surprised if your frame rates are low as 3DMark tests are very demanding. Each test gives a score, which you can use to compare similar devices and systems.

Unlike previous versions, there is no overall 3DMark score, only individual test scores. When testing devices or components, be sure to use the most appropriate test for the hardware's capabilities and report your results using the full name of the test.

Source & Downloads

http://www.guru3d.co...k_download.html

Website

http://www.futuremark.com/benchmarks/3dmark

Hmm.. Wonder if i'll be able to even start it, or if it'll hang at the part where it scans your hardware like the previous 3dmark would do for me the last time i tried.

It's a pretty long test and some of them were running at over 2000fps. Anyway, here are my results:

Yea some of mine were well over 1000fps

Why does no benchmark ever record the correct RAM frequency? Mine is running at 1840Mhz So should show 920MHz really, AIDA64 never shows the right speed either

Am Im guessing that half your RAM is not running at different frequencies to the other half

Yea some of mine were well over 1000fps

Why does no benchmark ever record the correct RAM frequency? Mine is running at 1840Mhz So should show 920MHz really, AIDA64 never shows the right speed either

Am Im guessing that half your RAM is not running at different frequencies to the other half

It's not reporting my GPU speeds correctly (both are 1215MHz). As for my memory, it's just reporting the base clocks - both pairs are overclocked to the same speed. I don't really pay any attention to that stuff because?as you say?most benchmarks report it inaccurately.

Screen went completely white after the second demo. Ctrl+Alt+Del turned the screen black. Tried blind killing the process, but it didn't work. This came as a surprise because I haven't had an issue in months. maybe I'll give it another shot later.

My results. The "problem" it says my results have is that the drivers, the latest whql's from amd, are apparently "not approved by futuremark". Also, that directx 11 demo that ran before the actual benchmark really hammered my old 6870.

xYVXwOn.jpg

haxNwIQ.jpg

Screen went completely white after the second demo. Ctrl+Alt+Del turned the screen black. Tried blind killing the process, but it didn't work. This came as a surprise because I haven't had an issue in months. maybe I'll give it another shot later.

Are you NVidia ?

My brother has the same problem

Also, that directx 11 demo that ran before the actual benchmark really hammered my old 6870.

Is that the Firestrike test? Because that was noticeably more demanding than the other tests.

PS - It's available on Steam now, with a 25% discount.

Is that the Firestrike test? Because that was noticeably more demanding than the other tests.

PS - It's available on Steam now, with a 25% discount.

Yea, that's the one. The demo that ran before the tests, and the combined test at the end dropped my card into the single digits.

Yea, that's the one. The demo that ran before the tests, and the combined test at the end dropped my card into the single digits.

Yeah, it hammered my system too. I have a GTX680 SLI setup and the graphics tests dropped below 50fps on my system; I can't remember my result for the combined test but it was visibly slow. Each of the tests is catered to a particular performance range (budget, mid-range, enthusiast), so that it can provide meaningful results from tablet users up through to gamers.

13.2 b4 is out, I'm using those with no problems

http://forums.guru3d...ad.php?t=374415

Tried again after repairing .net (some solution for 2011 white screen) and b4 install. This time image froze 10s into graphics 2 of the second demo, but fps and frames counters kept on going. I had over 300K fps 30s later when I pushed a key and the screen went black.

I'm not going to try any more since 3DM is meaningless to me anyway and as long as games don't give me problems, I'm good.

I'm not going to try any more since 3DM is meaningless to me anyway and as long as games don't give me problems, I'm good.

It's worth sticking with it, as issue in 3DMark can indicate stability issues with your system (especially if you have any overclocked components) or a misconfiguration (typically DirectX, C++, .NET, etc).

Tried again after repairing .net (some solution for 2011 white screen) and b4 install. This time image froze 10s into graphics 2 of the second demo, but fps and frames counters kept on going. I had over 300K fps 30s later when I pushed a key and the screen went black.

I'm reading that FRAPS is the culprit, disabling it has fixed the problem for some people.

EDIT -

Avira AV is causing problems too

It's worth sticking with it, as issue in 3DMark can indicate stability issues with your system (especially if you have any overclocked components) or a misconfiguration (typically DirectX, C++, .NET, etc).

It could also be a 3DM issue since it's new. Does it have any logs anywhere? Only have a 4th unlocked core on stock voltage. I did have some memory issues in the past but I haven't had any problems after tinkering with the slots several months ago. I do suppose a Windows reinstall might be in order since this one is from may 2010, and while I did have a few attempts, I always come back to the old one because I'm to lazy to set the new one up. Heck, I have one installed on another drive that is up to date, just not personalised.

I'm reading that FRAPS is the culprit, disabling it has fixed the problem for some people.

I'm not using FRAPS. On the second run, I did forget to disable Norton AV, and I can't think of anything else that might mess with 3DM. I doubt it's NAV though since I haven't had any issues and it wasn't running the first time.

Clearly an issue w/ current official drivers. My scores dropped considerably after enabling SLI. It seems that w/ the current official 310.90 drivers, SLI doesnt work at all. I've read that the current beta drivers fix it. i'm going to try.

btw - what is the last "Combined Test"? That annihilates my machine!!