New game+ is out. It requires the game being updated to 1.08.2 to though. Which from what I understand is bigger than 2gb.

2gb patch download for this:

1. Introduces a retro-active fix to some of the achievements that were amended in the patch 1.08.
  2. Adds sources for scripts (mod support).

I should also add this is for the GoG version. I have no idea about steam or the consoles. 

New game+ is out. It requires the game being updated to 1.08.2 to though. Which from what I understand is bigger than 2gb.

2gb patch download for this:

1. Introduces a retro-active fix to some of the achievements that were amended in the patch 1.08.
  2. Adds sources for scripts (mod support).

I should also add this is for the GoG version. I have no idea about steam or the consoles. 

This for all consoles/PC?

Was not going to do another play thru...still on 1.07.  But with NG+, I am going to. Looking forward to it.

Well, fired up W3 and getting "We couldnt get your latest saved data.  Try again, Use Offline" message. if my saved games are screwed, I am going to be ######.

Ok, never mind. Had to unplug the X1 and things worked after a full power up.  Man this having to fully turn off the X1 is annoyinh as hell

Well, fired up W3 and getting "We couldnt get your latest saved data.  Try again, Use Offline" message. if my saved games are screwed, I am going to be ######.

Ok, never mind. Had to unplug the X1 and things worked after a full power up.  Man this having to fully turn off the X1 is annoyinh as hell

Sounds like it's having intermittent network issues that clear up when you reboot it.

This for all consoles/PC?

Was not going to do another play thru...still on 1.07.  But with NG+, I am going to. Looking forward to it.

I said, and I quote: "I should also add this is for the GoG version. I have no idea about steam or the consoles." GoG being the digital store for pc that is owned by CD Projekt Red. :laugh:

I'm sure it's out on steam already too and will be eventually with consoles as well. I just have no idea when it will be or if it already is.

I said, and I quote: "I should also add this is for the GoG version. I have no idea about steam or the consoles." GoG being the digital store for pc that is owned by CD Projekt Red. :laugh:

I'm sure it's out on steam already too and will be eventually with consoles as well. I just have no idea when it will be or if it already is.

Just DLed it for the X1 a little while ago.  Started a new game. 

Sounds like it's having intermittent network issues that clear up when you reboot it.

For some reason, I got logged out of Live.  Bad storms last night around here and didnt notice I was disconnected.  Was worried for a sec. Had game corruption before.  Not fun.

For some reason, I got logged out of Live.  Bad storms last night around here and didnt notice I was disconnected.  Was worried for a sec. Had game corruption before.  Not fun.

I don't doubt it.  The only problems I've had was when my console was new and I had games that would barely load :p

Glad all that crap's been cleared up.

Witcher 3 dev wants free DLC to be an industry standard

But it won't

CD Projekt Red released The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in May, but it didn't stop offering content there. Over the course of three months, the developer continually put out free add-ons -- 16 in all. That's a trend that it'd like to see become commonplace.

In a statement to the press, Marcin Iwiński, co-founder and CEO of CD Projekt Red, said thanked fans for their support of the game and all of its DLC. He continued "I would really like to see such initiatives (free post-launch add-ons) become an industry standard rather than an exception to the general rule, and I hope that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has set a good example."

However, the Polish developer doesn't necessarily intend to take that approach withall add-ons. In the coming months, two Witcher 3 expansions are planned that will be for purchase. Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine are more sizable than the 16 pieces of free content, as they're said to add around 30 hours of gameplay.

Of course, this is the type of revolution that you can advocate for when you're both the developer and the publisher. Meanwhile, it was just a year ago that we reported EA was aiming to make an extra billion dollars from DLC and Ultimate Team initiatives. As long as margins are that great, no big publisher is ever going to hope free DLC becomes an industry standard.

http://www.destructoid.com/witcher-3-dev-wants-free-dlc-to-be-an-industry-standard-307173.phtml

Admirable attitude. But. . . 

3ftFJQI.gif

I'm really not phased on DLC.  Whilst it was nice for CDPR to provide them, I certainly wouldn't have paid for them but I know there are consumers out there who would have and if people are happy to pay for that stuff then so be it. 

I only have issues with paid DLC when content is cut from the main game so it can be passed off into packets.  The Witcher 3 DLC was more like stuff they couldn't finish in time, eg alternate costumes, extra finisher moves, alternative gwent card art.

The difference between their free ones and the paid ones is huge though. The actually game play added from the free ones equals maybe an hour and a half. The upcoming expansions will be 20 hours and then some each.

They're closer to expansion packs of old than dlc.

I agree and most sites and Witcher 3 players are referring to them as expansions. 

Whilst I acknowledge technically DLC is applicable to both, it makes discussing the topic everywhere more difficult to equate an alternative costume and something that adds new story and hours of gameplay, as the same thing. 

I like Expansion / Expansion Pack - it means big.

On the other hand, season pass, DLC, and other hipster terms convey nothing about whether is it is a new hat or 10 hours of content

pretty much all of those DLCs were useless to me, except new game+  :D  because new game+ actually makes me want to play the game again much more so then without it.

extra costumes and armor sets and even an extra quest + contract,  are not the DLCs that are worth anything to me.

anyone playing NG+ ?    how is it?   impressions?   it is nice to start at high level with all the skills?   or was levelling up more fun for you?

pretty much all of those DLCs were useless to me, except new game+  :D  because new game+ actually makes me want to play the game again much more so then without it.

extra costumes and armor sets and even an extra quest + contract,  are not the DLCs that are worth anything to me.

anyone playing NG+ ?    how is it?   impressions?   it is nice to start at high level with all the skills?   or was levelling up more fun for you?

I haven't made it that far yet. Been really busy the past month. I'm hoping to have some more time to play again soon.

Still working on my Ciri Illustration. Bit more detail to her now. What you guys think? Look like her? :)

Age is off. 

• Like 1

Still working on my Ciri Illustration. Bit more detail to her now. What you guys think? Look like her? :)

Ciri.jpg

while i like the rest of your picture, the nose, and lips are a total mismatch, and making her look like a teenage slut. cheekbones are also over the top.

Cheers for the honest feedback guys. :) Will edit it some next few days. Deffo try a more rounded less "cheek bone" face. Nose I,ll try make a bit more pointed also :)

Cool.  I like it, but just needs tweaking.  You going to do a Triss and Yennefer?