official the witcher 3: wild hunt cd projekt red redengine 3 pc ps4 xbox one

138 replies to this topic

#136 Osiris

Osiris

Neowinian God!

• 11,500 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 930

Posted 20 December 2014 - 22:40

Yeah I read the details but I still think character swapping sums it up and unfortunately I still don't see the value it adds to the experience.  As I said just seems un-witcher like to me, but 100% agree we won't know till we play it, but like anything great it requires balance you don't make a great game by shoving in every feature under the sun, with these delays im just slightly questioning if they've gone down that route a bit - hopefully not.

#137 Osiris

Osiris

Neowinian God!

• 11,500 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 930

Posted 20 December 2014 - 22:52

That being said, how exactly would swapping be "un-witcher like"? They have already said this will be the last Witcher game centered on Geralt, but not the last Witcher game, Ciri was trained by Geralt and is being hunted by the Wild Hunt, so it will fit into the game very well.

It would be unwitcher like in the sense of you are playing geralt why swapping around all of a sudden.  Would be like throwing the signs out and just giving him a wand...unwitcher like.

However someone just mentioned the Witcher 2 had instances where you character swapped, I can't for the life of me remember that but I guess I stand corrected in general.

#138 ViperAFK

ViperAFK

Neowinian Senior

• 10,872 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:57

It would be unwitcher like in the sense of you are playing geralt why swapping around all of a sudden.  Would be like throwing the signs out and just giving him a wand...unwitcher like.

However someone just mentioned the Witcher 2 had instances where you character swapped, I can't for the life of me remember that but I guess I stand corrected in general.

Yeah there were a few brief sections in TW2 where you character swapped, one where you play as king hensalt or or prince demevend for example.

#139 elenarie

elenarie

Newbie .NET / game dev

• 1,568 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920 Yellow

Posted Yesterday, 02:18

Yup, during the second chapter, but those were like 2-3 subquests only.