I'm pretty sure you can. I haven't made it that far yet, stopped playing because apparently the 1.07 patch is gonna be big and add some new features. They hinted it would (finally) add a loot stash among other things.

Haven't even started. Waiting for the last DLC to arrive. 13/16 so far.

106 Hours 49 minutes

Highest Difficulty Setting - Walked the path achievement

Witcher Ciri / Nilfgard ###### on everything / Yen Snoo Snoo Ending

I am very much burned out now, but may revisit later...

So I was playing a bit this morning before work (I'm not a morning person, but I've been waking up a little early the last week or so to play this more, that's how much I am enjoying this game) and I attempted to finish the "Defending the Faith" quest. Spoilers below, but I am confused about the outcome of the quest.

If your playing your witcher true to form as you say (eg a witcher wouldn't interfere) then perhaps the logic of the devs was you wouldn't have accepted the quest to begin with.  There is no other alternative if you accept and want to complete the quest. An interesting case of choice and consequence usually doesn't extend to the missions of a game but.

If your playing your witcher true to form as you say (eg a witcher wouldn't interfere) then perhaps the logic of the devs was you wouldn't have accepted the quest to begin with.  There is no other alternative if you accept and want to complete the quest. An interesting case of choice and consequence usually doesn't extend to the missions of a game but.

I guess one could make that argument, but I always felt like Witchers help those in need; especially Geralt, given the previous games in the series. That's why I didn't mind accepting the quest. Also, from a mechanics perspective, gaining the experience from the quest kind of trumps any true lore reasons for not accepting it due to how experience is earned in the game. I'm playing on Death March, and you really do need all of the experience you can get.

The game feels very laggy for me, and it makes combat difficult since it doesn't feel like I have that much control. I turned off the hair effects in settings and adjusted my Intel and Windows performance settings. Any other suggestions?

The game feels very laggy for me, and it makes combat difficult since it doesn't feel like I have that much control. I turned off the hair effects in settings and adjusted my Intel and Windows performance settings. Any other suggestions?

there are guides out there...

i switched off all post processing effects... did not do much for me anyway. i did not want blurry cinematic feel.  otherwise, i cannot really tell.

i googled the guides and basically followed the instructions for the settings recommended for my video card.

Turn off v-sync

there are guides out there...

i switched off all post processing effects... did not do much for me anyway. i did not want blurry cinematic feel.  otherwise, i cannot really tell.

i googled the guides and basically followed the instructions for the settings recommended for my video card.

I think the blur is a nice effect if the performance is fast enough that you don't notice it. But if it lags your game at all, its just distracting.

No free dlc this week but a big patch is incoming. A few things that are coming:

• Alternative movement system for Geralt (not sure what they mean by this)
  • Refined Horse movement (thank you!!)
  • Storage chests
  • Alchemy materials won't weigh anything

And more, full patch notes when it's officially released.

I'm kind of glad I put off playing until this patch hit. That and it's been really hot here and I didn't want my computer to melt.  :rofl:

I think the blur is a nice effect if the performance is fast enough that you don't notice it. But if it lags your game at all, its just distracting.

I don't know what kind of computer you're running but a few big performance killers are shadow quality and vegetation view distance.

There is very little, if any noticeable difference between ultra and low shadow quality, so it's better to go with low.

And the recommended setting for vegetation is high.

If you want a very good performance and graphic tweaking guide with comparison screenshots here you go:

I think I may pause my play through until this patch comes to the PS4. The inventory changes sound nice, but the movement and horse changes sound better. Riding Roach is super, super annoying because of his tendency to just stop for no reason. I really hope this patch fixes that. I'll play some DS2:SotFS in the mean time. (Y)

• Like 1

Alternative movement system for Geralt (not sure what they mean by this)

Refined Horse movement

Alchemy materials won't weigh anything

well that is all nice :)

i hope they add the option to sort inventory by cost and by weight.  will make inventory management so much easier.

i could not believe it was not there when i started playing (unless i am seriously missing something!)

You didn't miss anything. I double and triple-checked that myself, because I want those things too. The inventory auto-sorts by recently-picked up first, then whatever default order after that. No price or weight sort options that I could find.

well that is all nice :)

i hope they add the option to sort inventory by cost and by weight.  will make inventory management so much easier.

i could not believe it was not there when i started playing (unless i am seriously missing something!)

Actually yes. That was another thing they are adding. All kinds of inventory sorting options. I forgot to mention that one.

So this was probably super obvious to everyone except for me, but if you are playing on the PS4 and you want the free DLC that CDPR has been releasing, just claim them in the store.

I was looking through the menus and in game NPCs, and couldn't find anything, and I don't know why I didn't think to check the store. I was poking around the store today, and I noticed all of them under Wild Hunt "Add-ons". (Y)

I still don't know how to GET them in the game, but at least I know where to download them. lol  :laugh:  :s

I didn't even realize I had to claim them separately from the main game until just now either.  Heh.  When they're free for everyone I can't say I understand why they're wasting my time.

You guys realise the game is moddable right? There's bound to be inventory management mods among lots of other stuff.

Well as I said, they're actually adding more sorting options in the 1.07 patch for pc, which is due out in the next few days. Not sure what version the consoles are on.

At any rate, yes it's amazing the game is modable but they haven't released the mod tools yet that I'm aware of. So it's going to be a while before we see any big mods.

• Like 1

i feel pretty bad about the quests i no longer can do.. like a few with triss regarding some relics.. i find it weird that the quests were not marked as failed, they still show up as secondary..

also the nameless quest is still broken here and yeah, the game is pretty much over to me since the witcher contracts gives me 5 xp points only, i'll never level up like this

i feel pretty bad about the quests i no longer can do.. like a few with triss regarding some relics.. i find it weird that the quests were not marked as failed, they still show up as secondary..

also the nameless quest is still broken here and yeah, the game is pretty much over to me since the witcher contracts gives me 5 xp points only, i'll never level up like this

Main quest gives you like 10 levels at least.

You guys realise the game is moddable right? There's bound to be inventory management mods among lots of other stuff.

if you see any good mods point me to them.  

yeah... exactly.  

so all know they are coming eventually, and i am sure an awesome combat re balancing mod will exist eventually, just as various graphic mods, and inventory mods...

but they are not coming soon, far from it, as i see it.

the only useful mod i have seen so far is Swaps Dodge and Combat Roll Keys since the dodge key is so inconveniently placed, i hardly used it at all.

and roll take up stamina. (note: i have not tried it, i just had a quick look at avail mods)

this one is great too. ;)     if you want to play on old laptop, lol

247-0-1436246395.png

247-0-1436246679.png

Main quest gives you like 10 levels at least.

finished main quests already, im level 35.. but there are a lot of items i can only equip at higher levels and it seem impossible to level up with those contracts giving 5 xp points.. 

finished main quests already, im level 35.. but there are a lot of items i can only equip at higher levels and it seem impossible to level up with those contracts giving 5 xp points.. 

yeah it is a bit unbalanced.   if you choose to do all the contracts and side quests... then the main quests are so ###### easy it is not interesting to do them. 

but as for equipment,  why do you care?    equipment levels up with you,  so obviously now that you are 35, everything new and cool will be higher...  but that is the point of you even wanting to use it? 

since i am sure at this level, the contracts (which i believe do not level up with you)  are also super easy.

yeah, not much to do until expansions, or trying a second and different playthrough of different style completely.

if you see any good mods point me to them.  

yeah... exactly. 

To be honest, I haven't played for a while now so I'm not exactly up to date, but a site I read for hardware news/rumours was jokingly called witchertech as it had 3+ articles on the game per day. Anyway I remember this one (weight mod) from long ago, and I figured that others must have come out since then.

Some of us are playing on consoles, so mods aren't a factor.

Some of us are playing on consoles, so mods aren't a factor.

CONSOLE PEASANT ALERT!

• Like 2

CONSOLE PEASANT ALERT!

I could provide pages upon pages of games horribly broken on PC at launch or long after launch and though I'm sure you're joking, I really wish you guys would just shut the ###### up.