The game looks pretty good on the PS4. But I am still really torn on this game.

I never finished the first two, and it's a pet peeve of mine to watch a movie sequel or play a game sequel without having experienced the previous entries in the series. I know there is a recap movie/intro at the beginining of this game, but like I said, it's a pet peeve of mine. And I'm sadden to admit that I don't have the spare time needed to fully play through it; if the 100+ hour number they're throwing around is accurate. So I don't know if it would be worth the money (to me) to get it, play it for a bit, and never really come close to 100%'ing it. But the story, quest content, and combat look really good, and I'm a sucker for a good RPG. Decisions, decisions...

(I'll probably cave)

1243172496389392710.gif

I watched that segment, and I have to say it was pretty painful. I'm not a big fan of Conan to begin with, but his reactions and comments to what the other guy was saying, as he was trying to explain the back story and plot of the game, were so aggravating. He was talking in that stereotypical, condescending "video games are dumb and not serious entertainment for adults" tone, with a good helping of sarcasm. Maybe it was an act for the segment, I guess. I don't know. But it's just annoying to see that video games still have that stigma with mainstream audiences.

I watched that segment, and I have to say it was pretty painful. I'm not a big fan of Conan to begin with, but his reactions and comments to what the other guy was saying, as he was trying to explain the back story and plot of the game, were so aggravating. He was talking in that stereotypical, condescending "video games are dumb and not serious entertainment for adults" tone, with a good helping of sarcasm. Maybe it was an act for the segment, I guess. I don't know. But it's just annoying to see that video games still have that stigma with mainstream audiences.

I thought it was pretty funny. Conan is a comedian and it was being shown on a comedy show.

I can't wait to play this on my PC without limitations.

Me too, built a new PC just for this (and eventually Star Citizen).

• Like 1

yeah, i actually like conan, but i find his clueless gamer annoying.     but it IS called Clueless Gamer.    so i guess he exaggerates on purpose.

I thought it was pretty funny. Conan is a comedian and it was being shown on a comedy show.

Jon Stewart is a comedian (an extremely funny one at that) who hosts a comedy show on a channel called Comedy Central and yet there is a disturbingly large number of Americans who use him as their primary source of news.  It's sad but that's how things are now.

Jon Stewart is a comedian (an extremely funny one at that) who hosts a comedy show on a channel called Comedy Central and yet there is a disturbingly large number of Americans who use him as their primary source of news.  It's sad but that's how things are now.

and now he is retiring.....I guess American's will have to get their news from Conan or Stephan Colbert then.

yeah, i actually like conan, but i find his clueless gamer annoying.     but it IS called Clueless Gamer.    so i guess he exaggerates on purpose.

I figured as much. Like I said, I'm not a big fan, so I don't watch his show.

I can't wait to play this on my PC without limitations.

This is definitely the type of game screaming PC or gtfo.

haha i plan to build a new PC this fall and this game is one of the reason.

I was suppose to build one last year but then Watch Dogs happened ...

I hope this one wont be a disappointment..

• Like 1

This is definitely the type of game screaming PC or gtfo.

I know right?

Between all that resolution and framerate bickering by console fanboys I saw this somewhere on the net and had a chuckle...

original.jpg?w=600&h

and now he is retiring.....I guess American's will have to get their news from Conan or Stephan Colbert then.

Who knows where these people will go.  Stephan Colbert is going from The Colbert Report to the Late Show replacing Letterman and he came from the Daily Show so maybe they will go to him.  If him why not Conan?  I don't pretend to understand the minds of people who get their news from comedy shows (no matter how funny they may be).  I was just pointing out that as pathetic as it may be it does indeed happen quite a bit.  I'm sure Comedy Central would rather them stay with the Daily Show and get their news from the new host Trevor Noah.

I bought NV 970 for dis.

Also I am two thirds through Time of Contempt.

I bought NV 970 for dis.

I went cheap on the gfx cards because they've been stuck at 28nm for a long time and I figured I'd wait till DX12 and < 28nm cards (looks like they may be skipping 20nm) to go all out.

My prior gfx card was old though so I went with the cheapest AMD R9 I could find and got a Gigabyte R9 270 to hold me over.

That should get me through Witcher 3 though since it comes out before DX12 and < 28nm cards launch (later this year or early next?)

The PS4 (and X1) are the lowest common denominator. It is almost a given that concessions will be made to the PC version.

Yeah, I was expecting this somewhat, even though CDPR claimed and persisted to the contrary. I'll hold off judgment until I see it on my own rig though. Mighty disappointing if it's true.

• Like 2

Hmmm. http://imgur.com/a/K3uFC

Butchered for low end console hardware? I sure hope not.

WTF???    i hope this graphic is wrong!

if this is true, and the Witcher 3 will look like that on PC on Ultra, I am going to be super ###### off.

i preordered on GOG.   i am seriously considering cancelling the pre-order while i can before the game is released.

i assumed the screenshots were from xbox one and ps4 and that PC version game (on ultra) will look at least like they showed it to be in 2013

i though it was independent.    if they butchered the game on PC to look like that,  i would rather get a discount copy for ps4 later on.

and my trust for CD Project Red being PC first will be gone.

Bullshots and unrealistic renders? It's not like The Witcher 1/2 are draw dropping. I don't think CDPR have the time/talent to pull of some of what they showed (talent purely on a technical/graphical front, they are a very talented studio).

Bullshots and unrealistic renders? It's not like The Witcher 1/2 are draw dropping. I don't think CDPR have the time/talent to pull of some of what they showed (talent purely on a technical/graphical front, they are a very talented studio).

It is one thing to not be good at doing X, it is a whole another thing to be bullshitting the whole world for several years about various things and then showing your real side.

It is one thing to not be good at doing X, it is a whole another thing to be bullshitting the whole world for several years about various things and then showing your real side.

Welcome to the gaming industry and early targets/renders and bullshots.

Hmmm. http://imgur.com/a/K3uFC

Butchered for low end console hardware? I sure hope not.

Either their engine is an unoptimized piece of ###### or they should really lower the minimum specs, because those screenshots do not look like NV 660 minimum requirement renders but like an NV 460 minimum requirement renders.

And, luckily for me, I don't preorder.