9 posts in this topic

Posted

[b]MARYSVILLE[/b]

Posted

Nice to see them helping out to get it returned even when it was not within the ability of the station itself to get it done.

Posted

I can't see getting so worked up over an easily replacable book. :huh:

Posted

[quote name='Hum' timestamp='1360084127' post='595502828']
I can't see getting so worked up over an easily replacable book. :huh:
[/quote]
I can understand this. That bible has many handwritten family history so it's valuable.

Posted

I can understand this too. To them it's part of their heritage. Glad they got it back.

Posted

I am glad he got his 300 year old family bible back. Being so old it may be worth some money.

Posted

Stolen Bible eh. The irony :p

Posted

"Sheriff's detectives enlisted the help of Goodwill, which had sold the Bible online, and tracked it to Louisiana and then to Georgia. But the couple who had bought it wouldn't send it back without recouping the $405 they had paid for it.

The sheriff's office doesn't buy back stolen goods. So the Union County police union stepped up and covered the cost."

Isn't this unlawful? It is possession of stolen property. Does not matter if you legally bought it or not. The police should of just gone over there and been like "You are in possession of stolen property. Hand it back, or you will be under arrest." The couple should of recouped the costs of all this not from donators, but from people responsible for the theft and distribution... including the criminals behind bars now, Goodwill, etc.

The fact that Goodwill sold it, means that they should of given the money back. Instead, it seems they profited from stolen goods.

Posted

[quote name='Gary7' timestamp='1360116937' post='595504140']
I am glad he got his 300 year old family bible back. Being so old it may be worth some money.
[/quote]

Apparently 405$