80 posts in this topic

Posted

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM)

Posted

Victims should have called 911. Would have saved their lives.

2 people like this

Posted

^ How is that ? They were shot dead in seconds.

Posted

We have a nut job living next store that lets his dogs run wild and poop all over everyone's yard. He has been told next time it will be by the Police.

Posted

^ How is that ? They were shot dead in seconds.

Ask anti gun nuts. Apparently police are all you need to protect you. I was just agreeing with them. Not saying I know the logic.

We have a nut job living next store that lets his dogs run wild and poop all over everyone's yard. He has been told next time it will be by the Police.

Police won't do much other than maybe do something about the sound disturbance. But with 5 kids (did i read that right) and the dog, good luck ending the sound problem.

Posted

^ The guy should have used some sense, and shot the dog.

4 people like this

Posted

Ask anti gun nuts. Apparently police are all you need to protect you. I was just agreeing with them. Not saying I know the logic.

Police won't do much other than maybe do something about the sound disturbance. But with 5 kids (did i read that right) and the dog, good luck ending the sound problem.

Police respond to murders , they do not prevent them.

1 person likes this

Posted

Again, I don't know the logic behind it. It's what they swear by though.

Posted

Doesn't matter how big the argument, you don't just shoot somebody!

Posted

did you guys read the comments on that cbs site? go check it out

Posted

That's non-sense.

Posted

... the suspect often complained to condo management about the problem.

Well, at least they will have to take action now.

Posted

That's non-sense.

Not according to the law. Polices job is to respond, not protect.

Well, at least they will have to take action now.

Not to mention take it more seriously in the future when someone complains. Management will take some series heat if they are not the owners for failing to prevent this and indirectly contributing to the bad publicity that place will get.

Posted

Remember people - guns are needed to help deal with neighbours who won't clear up after their dogs.

3 people like this

Posted

Love the mentality of the pro-gunners. No credible arguments, lets poke fun at the "anti's". If the guy didn't have access to a gun, 2 people might be alive today.

4 people like this

Posted

did you guys read the comments on that cbs site? go check it out

Yeah, some of them are pretty amusing.

Posted

The neighbor should have called 911. Would have saved their lives.

fixed

Posted

the logic is the crazy man shouldn't have been allowed to be owner of the gun. Not saying you know the logic.

Posted

Love the mentality of the pro-gunners. No credible arguments, lets poke fun at the "anti's". If the guy didn't have access to a gun, 2 people might be alive today.

Says the guy from England where apparently guns are legal. So you are arguing that no American should legally be allowed to own a gun since he legally owned the one he had. Yay for disarming everyone but criminals.

Credible argument... I have a right to defend myself. You have no credible argument that I don't have the right to defend myself with equal force but yet you claim otherwise. Try again. Try with an argument that doesn't require law abiding citizens to give up there right to defend themselves and maybe then you will get somewhere.
1 person likes this

Posted

Says the guy from England where apparently guns are legal. So you are arguing that no American should legally be allowed to own a gun since he legally owned the one he had. Yay for disarming everyone but criminals.

Credible argument... I have a right to defend myself. You have no credible argument that I don't have the right to defend myself with equal force but yet you claim otherwise. Try again. Try with an argument that doesn't require law abiding citizens to give up there right to defend themselves and maybe then you will get somewhere.

LOL WUT

1 person likes this

Posted

LOL WUT

TheLegendOfMart is known for saying that he supports limited rights for guns and the going on to say that people, such as the criminal in this case, shouldn't have been allowed to own a gun. The laws required to have prevented this guy from owning a gun would mean nobody is legally allowed to own a gun which goes against what even the law in England allows for as well as what TheLegendOfMart claims he supports. TheLegendOfMart contradicts himself with his own arguments.
1 person likes this

Posted

It's all the gun's fault. We should ban them, that way he would have stabbed his neighbors to death instead, which would have made everything so much better. :yes:

Posted

the logic is the crazy man shouldn't have been allowed to be owner of the gun. Not saying you know the logic.

If somebody can't accept that restricting gun ownership would prevent situations like this then it's not worth bothering, as they're just not being reasonable or objective.

Disputes with neighbours are problematic at the best of times; the last thing you want is for angry people to have access to firearms. As for the suggestion that knives are equally dangerous to society, that's factually untrue - it's much harder to murder multiple people with knives and people are less likely to do it. It's why the US murder rate is so much higher than countries with firearms restrictions. Also, knives are restricted here - from age limits to certain designs being banned altogether, so the idea that knives aren't / shouldn't be restricted is patently absurd.

2 people like this

Posted

Not according to the law. Polices job is to respond, not protect.

Um, are you serious? The motto of police everywhere in this country is "To serve and protect". What "laws" are you referencing?

1 person likes this

Posted

If somebody can't accept that restricting gun ownership would prevent situations like this then it's not worth bothering, as they're just not being reasonable or objective.

Nobody isn't accepting that. What isn't being accepted is that the only restriction that would have prevented this was a total ban of all firearms. Something that not even the UK has and yet you choose to advocate it. If you say you support changes that prevent this, you are supporting a total ban of all firearms.