Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

• 2 weeks later...

84.png

A rumour has surfaced regarding Guardians of the Galaxy's villain.

The alien Kree warrior Ronan the Accuser has been reported by JoBlo to be the chief foe of the team in James Gunn's Marvel Studios movie.

Lee Pace has been cast as a villain in the film.

He is expected to take on the role, although he has also been rumoured to play the superpowered being The Collector.

Ronan is a longtime antagonist and sometime ally of the Avengers, Fantastic Four and Guardians of the Galaxy. An 'Accuser' is an official in the Kree Empire who serves as officer of the law, judge and executioner.

The film will also star Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Ophelia Lovibond, Michael Rooker and Enzo Cilenti.

Guardians of the Galaxy will be released on August 1, 2014.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a483605/guardians-of-the-galaxy-villain-revealed.html

tN4E02S.png

It would seem that the role the likes of Hugh Laurie and Ken Watanabe were being looked at for James Gunn's Guardians Of The Galaxy has actually gone to Glenn Close, as according to Deadline the multi-time Oscar nominated actress has signed on to play "a leadership role in Nova Corp, the intergalactic space patrol". In the comic this would be Nova Prime, but the site doesn't reveal whether that name will be retained, or any more info unfortunately. Close joins an already very impressive cast which includes Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker -- and it seems John C. Reilly is officially on board now also.

HWsKjXB.png

We don't know exactly WHO she's playing as of yet, but The Hollywood Reporter has today revealed that Karen Gillan - who is best known for playing 'Amy Pond' in BBC's Doctor Who - has joined the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy as the lead female villain. This week has already seen Glenn Close cast as the head of the intergalactic Nova Corps, while Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana and Dave Bautista are currently signed up as the three lead Guardians. Lee Pace was recently cast as the lead male villain (believed to be 'The Collector') in the James Gunn helmed movie, while Ophelia Lovibond was brought on board to play his aide.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=80627

Xomjf.jpg

As Guardians of the Galaxy gets closer to beginning filming this summer in London, the cast continues to fill out with extremely impressive actors. Following the announcement that Glenn Close and Karen Gillan will star in the movie, Deadline now reveals that Savages and The Wolfman actor Benicio Del Toro has joined the cast of the James Gunn helmed movie in what they describe as, "a character that is built to be part of future Marvel films, which means he has signed a deal with options that put him into multiple movies." Del Toro lost out on the lead villainous role as "John Harrison" in Star Trek Into Darkness, so what do you guys think are the odds that he will be playing Thanos in both this movie and subsequently Joss Whedon's sequel to The Avengers?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=80769

f5ZY.jpg

Yes, it?s true: the big Marvel superhero film has cast Lloyd Kaufman, the wacky creator of ?The Toxic Avenger? and founder of exploitation studio Troma Entertainment.

So how exactly did this happen? Kaufman actually gave Gunn his first writing and directing gig on 1996?s low-budget schlockfest ?Tromeo and Juliet.? Gunn worked with the company for several years and even co-wrote the do-it-yourself filmmaking book ?All I Need to Know about Filmmaking I Learned from the Toxic Avenger.?

Yes kids, one can go from ?Tromeo and Juliet? to Marvel?s ?Guardians of the Galaxy.?

So what role will Kaufman tackle? He?s not spilling any details (possibly because he doesn?t know himself), but it?ll likely be a cameo. Here?s what he told Crave Online:

Yeah, he?s giving me a part. I?m going to be in his movie. I?m going to London at the end of June to play a small part?

http://screencrush.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-director-cameo/

According to a Glasgow, Scotland newspaper clipping via the NeoGAF forums, Karen Gillan is playing "Angela, a flame-haired, sword-wielding, bounty hunter" in Guardians of the Galaxy. "Karen will be stunning as the chief female villain of the movie," reads a quote from the Scottish paper's supposed "Marvel insider." "But she will have her work cut out as the role involves a lot of physical workouts and with a costume as revealing, she will have to be in top shape."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=81217

^It's not a crossover nor a character with the same name. It's the exact same Angela which was given back to it's creator, Neil Gaiman, by McFarlane. They had a dispute going on about it and recently it was settled. Since Neil Gaiman is now free to do whatever he wants with the character "Angela", he decided to reintroduce the character and put it into the Marvel universe.

You can read about it here: McFarlane on "Soawn" #250, Angela's Marvel debut & Haunt's return

Also DocM, that's drawn my Marvel artists :p

I wonder if they are going to make him a Digital Character, or just a guy in a suit. I think Reilly might have to work out lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Den of Geek claims that they have confirmed with an inside source the roles that several key actors will be playing in the film. First, they say that actor Benicio Del Toro will be playing the role of The Collector, potentially throwing out the Thanos and Rocket Raccoon speculation from the announcement of his casting.

In addition, the site claims that Lee Pace will be playing Kree warrior Ronan the Accuser and "Dr. Who" star Karen Gillan will be playing the space pirate Nebula, who also happens to be Thanos' granddaughter.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=106216

Six months no beer. #GOTG Kinda douchey to post this but my brother made me.

1373303765.png

• 2 weeks later...

That looks like concept art. lol.

That's because it is. Concept art of the cast in their 'attire' :p

A bold move by Karen Gillan though!

That looks like concept art. lol.

It is but they haven't been filming long buts that's how they look according to people who saw the footage and I for one is hyped!